Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 601 of 1357 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915996006016026036116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 20351
Like Tree3931Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

38% of voters polled today say they'll vote for the crackpots. Scary times. Get what you have and hide it under the bed is my advice, though it'll be worth little after a few years of McDonnell and his Marxist ways anyway

This is very good Jezza.

Its simplistic maybe, but 15 years and looking at the current "war on terror" its not been a great success.

Jeremy Corbyn blames terrorist attacks such as Manchester bombing on UK's foreign wars | The Independent

Yes credit where is due he is correct. It's risky though. Some people will be wanting to hear quite the opposite; could see it going either way. Facetious post above aside the polls are getting close, handling the fallout from Monday tacitly could be the decisive factor.

I do think blaming Monday on austerity is ********* mind you. There was no austerity in 2005 as I recall.

We're the surveillance capital of the world, and yet a few thousand extra police on the streets would have stopped the attack?

I attended a non league football match with 300 police at just over a year ago. I would strongly challenge any assertion we don't have enough and suggest we just aren't using them properly.

But what do I know

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    38% of voters polled today say they'll vote for the crackpots. Scary times. Get what you have and hide it under the bed is my advice, though it'll be worth little after a few years of McDonnell and his Marxist ways anyway
    I thought the Tories were polling at over 40%

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    I thought the Tories were polling at over 40%
    bantz

Evil Scotsman
    I do think blaming Monday on austerity is ********* mind you. There was no austerity in 2005 as I recall.

We're the surveillance capital of the world, and yet a few thousand extra police on the streets would have stopped the attack?

I attended a non league football match with 300 police at just over a year ago. I would strongly challenge any assertion we don't have enough and suggest we just aren't using them properly.

But what do I know
    *disclaimer* I haven't bothered to find out what the Manchester bomber's background is so I don't know if it applies to this case, but I don't think austerity helps.

While I agree on your point on surveillance (and particularly about football, we fans still get treated like animals) I don't think it's outlandish to suggest that there may well be individuals or groups currently in the UK who might have been stopped for further checks at the border or who might have been subject to more in depth surveillance if the relevant departments weren't getting squeezed in terms of funding.

Whether that has any bearing on what happened in Manchester is unknown; but I don't think the basic premise, that cutting funding to a department might lead to worse outcomes, is incorrect.
    Last edited by Furball; 25-05-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: **** me, paragraphs

Evil Scotsman
    bantz
    Speakingof of Marxism, we've got the Conservatives pledging to intervene in and set price controls in the energy market. At least until May gets bought off by the energy lobby.

Banned
    If people engaged their brains and votedo n policy then Corbyn would win...thing is, too many of us vote on what the media tells us is the "strong" and "no nonsense" candidate. Oh well.

Speakingof of Marxism, we've got the Conservatives pledging to intervene in and set price controls in the energy market. At least until May gets bought off by the energy lobby.
    Aye it's obscene

Did an isidewith poll the other day now that most manifestos are out. Not a single party matched with me more than 44%. Or rather, not a single one standing in my constituency anyway.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    *disclaimer* I haven't bothered to find out what the Manchester bomber's background is so I don't know if it applies to this case, but I don't think austerity helps.

While I agree on your point on surveillance (and particularly about football, we fans still get treated like animals) I don't think it's outlandish to suggest that there may well be individuals or groups currently in the UK who might have been stopped for further checks at the border or who might have been subject to more in depth surveillance if the relevant departments weren't getting squeezed in terms of funding.

Whether that has any bearing on what happened in Manchester is unknown; but I don't think the basic premise, that cutting funding to a department might lead to worse outcomes, is incorrect.
    Yeah, I don't think the link is necessarily direct. More policemen means more chance of getting wind of any plots. Especially since community policing was considered expendable and therefore cut especially hard, and that had supposedly been a major source of intelligence.

I mean, it's not an attack line that would motivate me personally, but I wouldn't find it distasteful or unethical or anything if Labour did make that argument.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tobe_ornot2 View Post
    If people engaged their brains and votedo n policy then Corbyn would win...thing is, too many of us vote on what the media tells us is the "strong" and "no nonsense" candidate. Oh well.
    Plenty of Corbyn's policies are ****ing stupid.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    You guys run mostly on nuclear power don't you? HOw expensive is electricity over there? Power bills here are ****ing crazy.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    You guys run mostly on nuclear power don't you? HOw expensive is electricity over there? Power bills here are ****ing crazy.
    Time to switch solar, best option atm, even better if you can get tesla roof

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Big time. I think (and hope) that all new dwellings here have solar panels installed, though that might have gone backwards a bit since the trogs won back power in 2013. Just makes so much sense.

Thread Information