Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 503 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 34034534935015025035045055135536031003 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 17333
Like Tree3039Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

You think everything that's different to Scotland is stupid

Reminds me of when someone said AFL was the best ran sporting league in the world. Who was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Halsey View Post
    Agree with this pretty much word for word, including the dropping DT like a hot potato after year 9 bit.

I have always thought the 11+ (as I did it anyway) wasn't particularly fair as without a tutor I would have had no idea what verbal reasoning was and therefore would probably have had no chance. However, I have never seen any problem with grammar schools themselves in principle.

That said, I did briefly see some sort of article a month or so ago that said that stats show that kids who go to grammar schools have better prospects in life, but that kids in the area that the school is, taken as a whole, actually on average have slightly worse prospects. I was busy at the time and only read the first paragraph or so of the article but if there are actually significant stats to indicate this sort of thing it would make me think a bit.
    Yeah I more or less agree with this. I did very well out of Northern Ireland's academic selection and I think the principles behind it are pretty sound. At the same time, almost anyone who looks into the subject in any detail seems to think they're a bad idea. Never feel great about disagreeing with a strong academic consensus because I cbf looking at their evidence.
    Pothas likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    man you guys are all ****ing nerds eh
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    man you guys are all ****ing nerds eh
    On a cricket forum no less, who'd have thought it?
    GIMH likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    please go recruit some lads

Yes I had to DT at GCSE. Not only did I have to do a DT, I didn't even get the one I chose - electronics. This despite the fact that it obviously fitted better with one of the brightest pupils who didn't cause any trouble and was likely to pass it. So I got stuck with construction materials. I didn't even bother finishing most of the stuff because it was a total waste of time. We basically spent the last two years at secondary school doing a project over a toy of some description. So I drew some stuff for a month. Then spent the rest doing virtually nothing whilst the teacher did most of the cutting etc. and I painted it with this cheap paint which came off on you when ever you touched the thing. I should have done a cricket set like another lad did.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    SNP's Nicola Sturgeon announces new independence referendum bill - BBC News

Hmmm, I foresee Supreme Court intervention. I wonder if she realises that the Scottish Parliament has no jurisdiction to introduce legislation of this sort and is just politicking, or if she is a total moron.

cpr
    Yeah I had to do GCSE DT, which was basically woodwork. Ended up building some sort of tower for a hi-fi we had at home, which shows my age somewhat
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    SNP's Nicola Sturgeon announces new independence referendum bill - BBC News

Hmmm, I foresee Supreme Court intervention. I wonder if she realises that the Scottish Parliament has no jurisdiction to introduce legislation of this sort and is just politicking, or if she is a total moron.
    I get the impression Sturgeon is both excellent at politicking and not a moron. Catalonia ran an 'advisory' referendum along similar lines a while back.

I tend to think the Indy crowd will win in the end, but I expected a Brexit vote to really boost support for it and it just hasn't at all.

Sledger and I had to do DT as well and we were in Scaly's hated South. I did food tech which was a bit of a joke but really easy, am sure Sledger did something on Sonic.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I get the impression Sturgeon is both excellent at politicking and not a moron. Catalonia ran an 'advisory' referendum along similar lines a while back.

I tend to think the Indy crowd will win in the end, but I expected a Brexit vote to really boost support for it and it just hasn't at all.
    We've seen how much of a cluster**** the Brexit vote has caused, last thing we need is a Yes vote for a bunch of incompetents to further destroy Scotland's economy.

All of the arguments for staying in the EU (how it's ****ing batshit crazy to pull up the drawbridge and put barriers in the way of trading with your biggest market) apply equally to Scottish independence.

Not to mention that the SNP's white paper for our last vote would be best placed in the fiction section. I'd rather Sturgeon got on with sorting out the mess her party has created over the last decade instead of pointless shite.

Weren't you pro-independence in the last one?

Not saying that as a 'why the hell have you changed your mind' question; God knows my politics have changed/evolved over the years. Just checking I'm not imagining it really

Evil Scotsman
    My heart still is.

My head last time wasn't so much. Now my head is very much in the no camp, because I think an SNP led independent Scotland would be every bit as big a disaster as a Tory led Brexit.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

Yeah, I think she's a fairly shrewd operator tbf. What grates with me is that this is another example of politicians making broad proclamations about stuff they don't understand. Like I say, the Scottish Parliament is expressly forbidden by statute from enacting legislation which could be described as being constitutional in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Sledger and I had to do DT as well and we were in Scaly's hated South. I did food tech which was a bit of a joke but really easy, am sure Sledger did something on Sonic.
    Haha, I still have the work I did on that project in a cupboard at home. Though DT on the whole was a bit of a doss, I actually think it was quite helpful in non-academic ways. Several of the skills I first learned about/developed in those classes I still use to this day. That's not to say I wouldn't have necessarily learned them elsewhere I suppose, but still.

Thread Information