Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1321 of 1355 FirstFirst ... 321821122112711311131913201321132213231331 ... LastLast
Results 19,801 to 19,815 of 20312
Like Tree3927Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Thankfully we've already clarified that zorax isn't eligible
    I can think of few countries which deserve him more tbh
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

cpr
    Doubt he caught it yesterday
    Can we say that about any MP who comes down with it in the next few weeks if his test comes back positive?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Genuine question but is there any difference to the queueing everyone has to do at Asda?

Will caveat by saying it's completely pointless given they could do it remotely
    GIMH

CW LEGEND. HEAD OF FEATURES 2009-11. BOTM CHAMPION 2011 & 15. LORD PROTECTOR 2019-20. SAVED CW FROM COVID-19 WIPEOUT. PLATINUM LOUNGE FOUNDING MEMBER. TORY **** 2005-13. DELUDED CENTRIST 2013-15. PART OF EVERY PROBLEM 2016-PRESENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS A CONCEPT BY WHICH WE MEASURE OUR PAIN.

SWA/UP THE ENGLISH

They all said "Hallo," and felt awkward and unhappy suddenly, because it was a sort of good-bye they were saying, and they didn't want to think about it.
    I don't think it really matters of tbh

It's a prime example of why gathering hundreds of people (all of whom will already be interacting with loads of people bcause of their jobs) in a small space/room is unsensible

Edit: @cpr

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I don't think it really matters of tbh

It's a prime example of why gathering hundreds of people (all of whom will already be interacting with loads of people bcause of their jobs) in a small space/room is unsensible

Edit: @cpr
    True, it was more of a petulant retort to GIMH's slightly dismissive response to, as you rightly put, an unsensible thing

Genuine question but is there any difference to the queueing everyone has to do at Asda?

Yes, sorta, in theory

You can argue that people queued at Asda because food is essential so they must obtain it somehow, and Asda couldn't handle even a fraction of deliveries they'd need to to keep the customers out of the shop. Whether or not the MP's vote was essential I can't say, but they'd shown consistently over the last few weeks that they had a more than adequate system to allow MPs to vote and keep them out of the house.

Of course, I said in theory about the shops, because I think we all know those queues had an awful lot of muppets in them who weren't on the essential journey (I'll be honest, I never did one essential shop a week, but nipped in when I needed an hour before close as I knew the store was quiet then - everyone else had queued during the day whilst I heroically kept the economy turning). You only have to look at the queues at Ikea and McDonalds this week to poke rather large holes in my logic. However those people for some perverse reason want to be in a queue, whereas a huge number of the MP's lining up were vocal about how bad an idea it was before it even happened.

I'd shut parliament down until all world illnesses have been cured, personally. It's the only safe way forwards.
    cpr likes this.

cpr
    I mean, the argument against that statement doesn't really have many examples to fall back on recently

Evil Scotsman

Yes. It's completely different and your caveat shows you know this to be the case.

cpr
    It was a pretty lame attempt at a caveat TBF

'Is X really any different to Y, disbarring the massive difference that makes them polar opposites?'

Eh. Its pointless so I agree it's not necessary. But that doesn't mean the 'exposure' is any different which is what I was referring to

But whatever

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Can we say that about any MP who comes down with it in the next few weeks if his test comes back positive?
    Came back negative

Evil Scotsman
    Eh. Its pointless so I agree it's not necessary. But that doesn't mean the 'exposure' is any different which is what I was referring to

But whatever
    It's part the exposure risk, but it's also how staggerily stupid and inefficient the voting system now is.

Imagine you're working on a project and your boss demands regular updates. But not by email or video call. Go down to London to see him in person and present your progress, thus wasting a full day that could have been spent working.

No i fully agree. My asda point purely related to the risk. Seems that was misconstrued. All good.

cpr
    I mean it is the same risk in a literal sense of people standing 2m apart.

But its like comparing apples and oranges, sure they are literally both fruit, but ones a healthy component to sustaining your body and the other are mental right wingers hell bent on causing division in society.
    Shady Slim likes this.

Shitshow.
    It’s what I’ve walked into. A ****ing shitshow.

Better start getting my daughter an Aussie passport. If I hadn’t bought a ****ing house here.

Thread Information