Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1024 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102210231024102510261034 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 15933
Like Tree2739Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

  1. #15346
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,950
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html

    More BoJo brand statism

    hateful horrible people
    This is terrifying.

  2. #15347
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,594
    Corbyn is absolutely shameless. Demanding to be PM in an interim Government in circumstances that he has been as guilty as Johnson in creating and refusing point blank to support more widely acceptable candidates such as Clarke and Harman. The carnage that will follow the now inevitable no-deal Brexit will be as much down to him as the Eton old boys.

  3. #15348
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NDTV Propaganda Office
    Posts
    8,168
    Boris Johnson looks and acts like English Boomer Shane Warne.
    Uppercut likes this.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

  4. #15349
    International Coach weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Corbyn is absolutely shameless. Demanding to be PM in an interim Government in circumstances that he has been as guilty as Johnson in creating and refusing point blank to support more widely acceptable candidates such as Clarke and Harman. The carnage that will follow the now inevitable no-deal Brexit will be as much down to him as the Eton old boys.
    Isn't the Brexit deadline likely to be moved one last time if a General election is declared before 31st October?
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James


  5. #15350
    International Coach weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Boris Johnson looks and acts like English Boomer Shane Warne.
    He purposefully acts more dumb than he is.

  6. #15351
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,389
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Corbyn is absolutely shameless. Demanding to be PM in an interim Government in circumstances that he has been as guilty as Johnson in creating and refusing point blank to support more widely acceptable candidates such as Clarke and Harman. The carnage that will follow the now inevitable no-deal Brexit will be as much down to him as the Eton old boys.
    But magic grandpa is the nations saviour and can't be blamed for anything.

  7. #15352
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,950
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    He purposefully acts more dumb than he is.
    I don’t think this is quite accurate. What he’s doing is trying to spin his laziness and indifference as an innocently cheerful disposition. People who worry about the details are dubbed ‘negative’ in contrast to his own optimism.

    You could say he pretends to be a harmless brand of dumb to cover up his true, more damaging brand of dumb.

  8. #15353
    International Coach weldone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Kolkata->Mumbai->London
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I don’t think this is quite accurate. What he’s doing is trying to spin his laziness and indifference as an innocently cheerful disposition. People who worry about the details are dubbed ‘negative’ in contrast to his own optimism.

    You could say he pretends to be a harmless brand of dumb to cover up his true, more damaging brand of dumb.
    Yes that. In other words, your vocabulary is way better than mine.

  9. #15354
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    47,174
    UK media all reporting that Merkel has said talks re: the backstop could be started up again, even though she categorically did not say this.

  10. #15355
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,950
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    UK media all reporting that Merkel has said talks re: the backstop could be started up again, even though she categorically did not say this.
    The media have been terrible lately. The amount of coverage they gave to those harebrained national unity government schemes was embarrassing. Letting the political parties play them like a fiddle.
    vogue likes this.

  11. #15356
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Posts
    47,174
    Yeah, you always get drips and drabs of this, but recently we've had ordinarily quite good journos pedalling stuff that is self-evidently bollocks. Dire.

  12. #15357
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Europe, on the outside looking in
    Posts
    20,087
    Johnson really hasn't played this one very well - I fear that pencils in the nostrils and his underpants on his head is the only tactic he has left
    vogue likes this.

  13. #15358
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    29,950
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, you always get drips and drabs of this, but recently we've had ordinarily quite good journos pedalling stuff that is self-evidently bollocks. Dire.
    Tbf this is partly because it’s silly season.

  14. #15359
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    22,389
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Johnson really hasn't played this one very well - I fear that pencils in the nostrils and his underpants on his head is the only tactic he has left
    Similar to Corbyn then

  15. #15360
    International Coach wpdavid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    12,594
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Johnson really hasn't played this one very well - I fear that pencils in the nostrils and his underpants on his head is the only tactic he has left
    Johnson's more of a Melchett rather than a Blackadder. Send the rest of the country to hell in a handcart; it won 't affect his wellbeing either way.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 1 guests)

  1. sledger,
  2. vcs

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Sri Lankan Domestic Cricket Thread
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 01:01 PM
  2. the goodbye thread
    By cover drive man in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 17-04-2007, 07:08 AM
  3. Formula 1 Prediction Thread - 2007
    By biased indian in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 16-04-2007, 04:47 AM
  4. **Official** South Africa in India Thread
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 07:26 AM
  5. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •