Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1001 of 1321 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 19814
Like Tree3737Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I mean it depends who "they" are, but everyone else had no trouble grasping that a discussion of which taxes are better/worse than others is independent of how much taxation there should be altogether. Otherwise you wouldn't get PEWS in favour and fertang against. Nobody needed Groundking waddling in to remind everyone that he thinks taxes be bad.
    No I think it's one of the worse taxes, why would anybody work their nuts off if they couldn't pass down their wealth to their progeny to make their lives better?

Quote Originally Posted by Groundking View Post
    No I think it's one of the worse taxes, why would anybody work their nuts off if they couldn't pass down their wealth to their progeny to make their lives better?
    I suppose in theory if it was the only tax (lol) you can do more of that as you go rather than waiting until death??
    GIMH

CW LEGEND. HEAD OF FEATURES 2009-11. BOTM CHAMPION 2011 & 15. LORD PROTECTOR 2019-20. SAVED CW FROM COVID-19 WIPEOUT. PLATINUM LOUNGE FOUNDING MEMBER. TORY **** 2005-13. DELUDED CENTRIST 2013-15. PART OF EVERY PROBLEM 2016-PRESENT. THE GOVERNMENT IS A CONCEPT BY WHICH WE MEASURE OUR PAIN.

SWA/UP THE ENGLISH

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah it’s not an argument that makes any sense in a world with income tax. Inheritance tax discourages work for people who want to earn money so they can give it to someone when they die. Income tax discourages work for everyone, including those people.

State Captain
    Silentstriker wants to get rid of all inheritance.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Yup, let's just further disincentivise working people from working their bollocks off
    Really, we are not talking about working people and what they may leave behind. You could have a minimum threshold that would not be met by like 90% of the population. The real nuts and bolts of this discussion rests with large estates and the super rich.

And yes, as a form of principle, I would be OK with banning all inheritance. I think it's one of the big problems with society in general. But it's not a workable solution. It would be impossible to implement fairly. So I think we have to deal with inheritance - but I'd just tax the heck out of it every way I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I suppose in theory if it was the only tax (lol) you can do more of that as you go rather than waiting until death??
    Oh, I would tax the hell out of that too. That's a 'gift' and should be taxed at a higher rate than the income tax.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Really, we are not talking about working people and what they may leave behind. You could have a minimum threshold that would not be met by like 90% of the population. The real nuts and bolts of this discussion rests with large estates and the super rich.

And yes, as a form of principle, I would be OK with banning all inheritance. I think it's one of the big problems with society in general. But it's not a workable solution. It would be impossible to implement fairly. So I think we have to deal with inheritance - but I'd just tax the heck out of it every way I can.
    Over here its £950k for a couple who leave their property to their children. Most won't have to worry about it, though possibly more of an issue in the south, which is no bad thing.

Spend inheritance tax exclusively north of Brum I say
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Yup, let's just further disincentivise working people from working their bollocks off
    What it so great about working your bollocks off anyway? Does not sound much fun to me.

They all said "Hallo," and felt awkward and unhappy suddenly, because it was a sort of good-bye they were saying, and they didn't want to think about it.
    Yeah work is terrible tbh

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Oh, I would tax the hell out of that too. That's a 'gift' and should be taxed at a higher rate than the income tax.
    You are truly a deplorable human being

I don't see what is so criminal about working for your kids. I can see the argument about inheritance being unfair but that's a moot point anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    a boy was he, his name was trundler
    the day came, his mother's heart torn so asunder
    "I browse day to day the cricket vBulletin" he said
    "You're done" she said "for my son is dead"

we watched him grow with trembling anticipation
    only to watch him develop a perverse persuasion
    one of us is to blame, but lets not talk about names
    the hookers and crack he got from James

Evil Scotsman
    How does high inheritance tax disincentivise me from working hard when I personally won't be the one paying the tax on whatever my estate is worth when I die?

Evil Scotsman
    Surely wealth should be enjoyed by the person who actually earned that wealth?

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Perhaps they get their enjoyment of the wealth they earned by passing it down to their kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Or perhaps the person who earned it should decide how itís enjoyed. But given you donít believe either statement Iím not sure why it matters.
    Groundking and social like this.

Thread Information