Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1336 of 1337 FirstFirst ... 3368361236128613261334133513361337 LastLast
Results 20,026 to 20,040 of 20045
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: The Australian politics thread

Wouldn't they lose their majority if she gets shunted?

State Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Wouldn't they lose their majority if she gets shunted?
    Yep morrison would never sack her, they need every last one of the mps

The premise of the Pell appeal doesnít make sense to me. They are challenging the fact the onus was on him to prove himself innocent in the appeal. But surely thatís how an appeal against a guilty decision works? Or do they redo the entire thing each time?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    I haven't seen the details, but generally the appeal will still be based on the premise the original jury verdict was perverse and the CCA got it wrong in saying it was a sound verdict. It'll be interesting to see whether the HC even entertains this appeal. Subject to there being some left-field point on the appeal (which tbf there might be, I haven't seen the doc or even read about it), the HC will need to be interested in it before they even grant special leave. A lot of the points about jury verdicts have been dealt with pretty clearly, particularly in Swain v Waverley Council, which was a civil case but still on point to the extent it deals with the low bar for juries to reach their verdicts.

Having said that, the HC is weird in that sometimes they give leave in cases you don't think they will. I went and did a special leave application (in the drinking chair tbf) years ago and we thought we'd get hosed out in a New York minute. McHugh and Gummow gave us special leave, which was awesome. Then we went to Canberra and got hosed out 5-0 in the substantive case. It's nice to be one of the lawyers in a top-10 most cited case in Australian jurisprudence, but it would have been good to be on the winning side ffs. That case was about who was on the wrong side of the road in a collision between a Kombi van being driven down a dirt road by a hippie which collided head on around a bend with a draught horse being ridden by another hippie. McHugh found it interesting so off to Canberra we went.

Same thing might happen with Pell, but my impression is the HC these days is a very black letter law court compared to the 90s-00s and especially the 80s, when it was one of the more ground breaking superior courts in the world. But they had the likes of Bill Deane, Anthony Mason, Ron Wilson, McHugh, Mary Gaudron and Michael Kirby about the place in that era. I don't know that the current bench will be all that keen to intervene in a case like this just because he's a famous/ notorious, but who knows.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Wait, marijuana is legal in the ACT now.

Omg OMG omg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

International Regular GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Stocks in Gatorade and Pope garden hoses are booming right now
    2019 CWPL Care Cup champion

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    JP Kotze is a hero.

The good old Liberal Government, appointing someone against compulsory super to run their review

You really donít want to **** with super in Australia. Itís like ****ing with medicare - if people think youíre doing it, theyíll go you.

I don't think the Liberals govern other than to pander to special interest groups. They are going to recommend that the SG stays at 9.5% for sure. Using the circular logic that people in the lower income brackets don't have enough in super anyway so it's not helping with the age pension, rather than the fact that increasing to 12% would increase savings and provide a greater boost to savings.

The crazy stat I read was that if instead of buying a lottery ticket a week for $25, it was invested in super form 20-65 at a return of 8%, you would have an extra $460,000 at retirement.
    My fintech idea, given the average punter loses $1300 pa, is to make a sportsbet app where people bet against each other with lower winnings but a guaranteed amount goes to super no matter the result. Instead of to a betting company which pays $0 tax in Australia.

Seems almost a strategic leak of the talking points today. Nothing too embarrassing (so far) and itís really a way to get the media to publish negative talking points about the ALP before the house sits.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    what is angus taylor's deal anyway
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Great stuff. Well done Angus.

RIP what was formerly known as the east coast of Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Pic from Harrington apparently. Never known fires so bad at this time of year before.

Port Mac and Forster basically are pits to hell at the moment. I thought half of New England burning down last month was bad.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Thread Information