• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Reviews (2008)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
FA Announce New Team

The English Football association today announced some exclusive news regarding the Coca-Cola championship league. Billionaire man and leader of the Forbes richest 400 William Gates has spoken to The fa and got his own club in the League one English competition. Webbers Fc has been bought together and let me just state that the first team has had no expense spared. The club is to worth all ready a net $47million and with some of the best talent this country has seen. Bill has got some of the best talent scouts from all over the world to go out and hunt down and sign up the best youngsters we have seen and i think he has done a great job.

Average age of Webbers fc is only 19
Media Prediction at this early stage is 1st. I think that is way off and with such a young side i think they will be lucky enough to sit mid table until they get used to each other.
New Manager Rob Malone from Australia has no real solid qualifications, although a very good footballer in his days for the glory side Liverpool fc and with a career that spands 12 years with 8 league titles from 74 - 86, 2 fa challenge cup tittles, 2 league cup tittles, and a lot of other memorable moments. He beat a lot of men to the job but has the board made the right call on this one. only time will tell.
Lets have a look and the players and some of there stats

Keepers
Ryan Dun
Tom Halsey
Shan Jasothran
Matt Luff

Defenders & Midfielders
Drillion Lampinen
Daniel Speirs
David Kearsley
Xavier Rose
Daniel Kumar Rai
Kingsley Clapingham
Donald Chapman
Geoff Bennett
Liam Asher Howgate
Darren Dubb - Lynch
Ashley Chaualk
Heath Rangi
Bugsy
Gaurav Nayak

Midfielders & Strikers
Matthew Mitchell
Subodh Ra
Chris Dwyer
Ethan McNamara
David Pares
Chris Raferty
Dylan Jellett
Kevin Gough
Myles Hutchinson
Gregory Thomas

They are just some of this young sides talent. all player will be listed below.

Attachments

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
LOL we have ZERO midfielders?

Very good Bugs, love it....can't wait to start. Pretty happy with my stats :) cheers mate

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

Webbes FC] board today announced its season tickets sold to date was at 1173. The board where also confident of selling another 3700 in the coming weeks leading up to the season opener. That would take it to 4900 season tickets sold for the new clubs first season.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

In a horrific training accident today Webbers defender Ash Chaulk will be out for a few days after straining his back whilst doing a weight session today.​

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
god yer me too mate! hopefully everyone else is and posts start to come flying in!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Jerseys Announced

Webbers FC management have today announced there new jerseys for the up coming season ad hope all look forward to a magical and successful season.

&

There is talk that a third jersey will be bought out for all cup matches and knock out tournaments but work i still in progress and hopefully we will have a little more on that at a later date.

In Further news
G Bennett has come down with a rare case of the flu and will be out for between 10 & 12 days, which should still see him fit to have some impact or involvement in the clubs first friendly.​

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

The board hold this quick press confrence as it gives you the clubs first set of captains for the new season. With such a solid and youthfull squad the board and manager believe that these 3 players will be sharing the responsabilities and hope it can work well with management for a successful partnership between, board , players and management.

Your captains ladies and gentlemen
"out walks Liam Asher Howgate, Drillion Lampinen & Geoff Bennett. The players held up there arm bands.

a proud moment for all players
the players had to rush of as the bus was leaving to go to the airport for the clubs first ever game / friendly.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

Friendly 1

The club is creatig history today as the newmly formed Webbers FC takes part in their first friendly against Walhain. Who knows what we are to expect, we believe all players are behind closed doors just to gain some composure on this big occasion, wait till its at home infrom on a heap of fans.We believe Manager Rob Malone has worked close and well with the players. lets go down to the sidelines to see what the side is.

Webbers FC 1st xi
T Halsey, X Rose, K Clapingham, D Kearsley, D Dubb_Lynch, L Asher-Howgate (c), C Dwyer, M Mitchell, K Gouch, M Hutchinson, C Raferty: (subs) S Jasothran, A Chaulk, E McNamara, D Pares, G Thomas, D Lampinen, D Speirs, D Kumar-rai, GBennett, H Rangi, D Jellett & D Chapman​

An absolute magical performance from the new boys and although the opposition was not in the same class they still executed all the little things right and really dominated when they where given the opportunities.Lets get down to the sideline with Manager Rob Malone

Walhain 0 - Webbers FC 5
Chis Raferty (23)
Kevin Gough (28)
M Goossens own goal (32)
Ethan McNamara (49 , 74)

M:O:M : Ethan McNamara

Thanks mate, Tony Mcabe here for Espn and we have down here with me on the sidelines Webbers FC new manager Rob Malone.

ESPN: happy with that performance today mate:?

MANAGER: yer mate extremely happy, by all players. They stuck to a game play and tactics and really showed how well they have all come together,

ESPN: Big day for the club mate?

MANAGER: Mate it was , and a historical day for all involved, and mate we are just getting started.

ESPN: Well thanks mate and i will let you go celebrate with the boys!

MANAGER: Thanks mate

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Thanks mate, Tony Mcabe here for Espn and we have down here with me on the sidelines Webbers FC new manager Rob Malone.

ESPN: happy with that performance today mate:?

MANAGER: yer mate extremely happy, by all players. They stuck to a game play and tactics and really showed how well they have all come together,

ESPN: Big day for the club mate?

MANAGER: Mate it was , and a historical day for all involved, and mate we are just getting started.

ESPN: Well thanks mate and i will let you go celebrate with the boys!

MANAGER: Thanks mate

[/CENTER]
Mate.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year

Webers fc
Board today announced that they have sold 2796 season tickets andexpect to sell anothr 2100 takingb the total to around 4900.

Stay tuned for friendly 2 Turnhout v Webbers fc

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Friendly 2 v Turnhout

Webbers fc run out for the second time in the clubs history away on the road again but all is good with a hand full of supporters following them on the innagural road trip.

Webbers FC line up​
R Dunn, D Lampinen (c), G Nayak, A Chaulk, Bugsy, Subdoh Ra, H Rangi, X Rose, D Speirs, D Jellett, G ThomasSubs: M Luff, D Kearsley, D Kumar-rai, L Howgate, G Bennett, M Mitchell, E McNamara, C Dwyer, D Pares, K Gough, C Raferty & M Hutchinson

A scrappy game due to the harsh conditions of a water logged pitch and horrific wind and rain.Webbers fc had more opportunities and finished of well howeve some concerns for the manager where that Turnhout had more possession esp in midfield, and really played well and where unlucky at one stage not to have been level , in saying that K Gough had a goal dissallowed due to an offside decision but the replay shows he was onside by a mile and webbers fc really should have run out 3 - 0 winners. A scrappy performance but i think the manager considering the conditions will be fairly happy. One area of concern was that G Nayak went of injured in the 232rd minute and we are still awaiting the initial report as to what the outcome is.

Turnhout 0 - Webbers FC 3
G Thomas (32)
K Gough (48)
G Nayak (23)

M:O:M: K Gough

Injury News​

Paul Madin the Webbers FC Physio has reported that G Nayak has sustained twisted knee ligaments after turning awkwardly during the match against Tunrhout.
The club will be treating the injury however it looks like G Nayak will be out for between 1 - 2 months.

Stay tuned for Webbes fc v Genk