• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Reviews (2008)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Player Numbers

Manager Rob Malone was not allowed to give players the opportunities to pick there own numbers as an important message come down from chairman and owner. They pulled numbers out of a barrel and what number was picked was the number you got, for the clubs innagural season. The chairman did state that next year it will be a different system and players will get the opportunity with in reason.

&

The players numbers are as follows

T Halsey 1
X Rose 15
D Speirs 4
D Kearsley 2
D Lampinen 16
D Rai 17
E Mcnamara 18
K Clapingham 3
C Dwyer 9
G Thomas 30
M Hutchinson 8
S Jasotharan 13
R Dunn 20
D Chapman 6
G Bennett 25
D Dubb-Lynch 5
L Asher-Howgate 19
A Chaulk 21
H Rangi 26
Bugssy 14
G Nayak 27
S Ra 22
M Mitchell 7
D Pares 28
C Raferty 10
D Jellett 11
K Gough 29

Important Dates in August!​

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
League Cup Rnd 1

The league cup round 1 has been drawn and Webbers Fc will be playing Nottingham Forest @ Field Mill on the 15th August.

V

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Important Team News​

Manager Bugs Malone would like to congradulate the above players and hope all other players support them and work together with them to have a succesful 1st season.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Hey, nice, got no 10 shirt for the season, Personal aim is to get to 10 goals, 15 would be great (considering i dont class myself as an out and out striker, and there will be a fair bit of rotation).

Looking forward to the big kick off, have been quiet as i'm never a big fan of pre season (even when managing), dont hold much by it bar match fitness.

davidpares

School Boy/Girl Captain
wow, tensions building, didnt get much sleep last night worrying over the first game of the season. not tht ill probably play a part, but i can only hope....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Webbers Fc News​

Newly Created Webbers have been touted as comfortable favourites but will have to be warry about complacency when taking on recently relegated Leeds according to Sky bet.
Current Manager Dennis wise has been with leeds for 10 months. Webbers Fc 4 - 7 (fav) Draw 5 - 2 Leeds 4 - 1 .​

Todays Fixtures​

Webbers FC v Leeds
v

Manager Announces side for Leeds Clash​

Bugs malone has announced his side 1 hour before kick off in the clubs first league game, Manager Rob Malone stated it was a very hard decision and that the players that did not play will get game time no matter what happens in a very tough rotation system. The team to play leeds is as follows, T Halsey, D Lampinen, D Kearsley, L Asher-Howgate (c), D Dubb-Lynch, Bugsy, M Mitchell, K Clapingham, C Dwyer, M Hutchinson, C Raferty, (subs): S Jasotharan, D Kumar_rai, D Jellett, G Thomas, D Chapman.

Leeds SquadC Ankergen, F Richardson, M Health, P Huntington, J Paterson, S Carole, A Hughes, F Da-Costa, A Thompson, J Beckford, T Flo.

Kick Off​

Webbers Fc played there first 40 mins of league one as they had been around playing for years. Totally dominating Leeds who had no answers, the only thing keeping leeds in the game are the missed chances and there keeper as he has made some magnificent saves.
C Rafert created history and got his name into the books with the clubs first competition goal in the 17th minute froma well orchestrated move. A good half time lead, Webbers Fc 1 - Leeds 0

2nd Half

46Th Minute, D Dubb-Lynch recieve a Yellow card. 50th Minute Raferty was on the end of some good play by Hutchinson and dwyer Webbers lead 2 - 0. Playing well. 57th Minute, Bugssy gets a yellow card. Webbers make there first sub. Hutchinson off for G Thomas. 70th Minute, webbers fc make second sub with D Dubb-Lynch coming off for D Rai. 75th minute final sub, Klapingham off for Jellet. 81st Minute webbers fc win a corner Bugsy has it in the area and is hacked down, PENALTY. Dwyer steps up and nails it into the corner, Webbers fc 3 - 0 and looking good. 3 minutes of injury time, and in the first minute leeds grab a goal back with some good midfield play and F Da Costa puts it away Webbers Fc 3 Leeds 1.Full Time Webbers fc with a good win, well deserved.​

stats to follow!

cpr

International Coach
Lol, Dwyer 5 shots from defence? Good play fella. Reckon he should've let me take the pen though, denied me my hat trick :)

Nice to get on the scoresheet though, honoured. Looks like i'm pretty pants in the air though, which is realistic :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Why was i playing defence anyway, fairly sure i signed up as an AM.
most players have 2 or 3 positions that they can play in so with the rotation system i am just moving all around as we have soo many midfielders and strikers.