• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Reviews (2008)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Friendly 3 v Genk

Webbers team
T Halsey, K Clapingham, D Jellett, D Chapman, D Kearsley, Subodh Ra, M Mitchell, D Lampinen (c), D Dubb-Lynch, C Dwyer, C Raferty ( subs ) S Jasotharan, D Speirs, X Rose, D Kumar-Rai, G Bennett, L Asher Howgate, H Rangi, E Mcnamara, K Gough, D Pares, M Hutchinson & G Thomas.

In terrible conditions in front of 7596 fans both teams really struggled on the water logged pitch and as both teams pushed and tried the weather was the real opponent. Both teams had plenty of chances however none could really put on away with webbers fc coming close twice to only see the ball get pulled up by the water logged pitch to then see the opposition players clear it off the line

Genk 0 - Webbers fc 0
M:O:M: Logan Baily (oppo Keeper)

******************************************************************************************************

Friendly 4​

Webbers Team​
M Luff, D Chapman, D Kearsley, X Rose (c), D Dubb-Lynch, Bugsy, M Mitchell, K Clapingham, C Dwyer, M Hutchinson, C Raferty, ( Subs ) R Dunn, D Kumar-rai, D Jellett, A Chaulk, L Asher-Howgate, Suboha Ra, E Mcnamara, D Speirs, H Rangi, G Thomas, G Bennett & K Gough​

In another rain socked game we did see alot more excitement as both teams pushed each other to the limit in what was a very good game., Webbers manager will be upset as his side let in 2 late goals in the 90th minutes for the home side to seal a draw.

Lokerer 2 - Webbers FC 2
C Dwyer (pen 12 )
C Raferty (22)
M:O:M C D Wyer​

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
Oh man, watching from the bench is not very amusing when I see them goals in the back of our net... Oh well, more waiting for me...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, watching from the bench is not very amusing when I see them goals in the back of our net... Oh well, more waiting for me...
every one has played some game time, if on the bench then 2nd half i have subbed the whole side. will put up some stats for the friendlies.

cpr

International Coach
Gettin on the scoresheet again, impressed. Think my stats have evened out more for a striker this year rather than a winger (which is what i intended, oh well). How did i end up left footed though? Not that it makes a difference, IRL i'm pretty much equal with both feet

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you stick a 0 in the attributes part in the editor it randomises. If the left foot part was 0 then it'll randomise to meaning you have one.

cpr

International Coach
It says left only though, which means i havent got 20 for right foot (IIRC you've got to give one of em 20)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer blame me guys! :( been pretty busy last few days but will get some updates going tomorrow inbetween breaks of the boxing day test match!

David

International 12th Man
Great to see this alive once more, excellent work Bugs, had given up tbh, but happy to be proven wrong :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
been flat out at work and at home will get some up tonight. updates that is last friendly and season opener!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Friendly 5

Manager Rob Malone has used the last friendly as a trial run for the first xi going of performances from the last few games and is putting out what he believes is a very strong side and bench, with some quality missing out, he also stated that some players are playing for there life and a spot in the starting xi.​

Webbers FC News​

Squad numbers where decided and have decided. All players will get told there numbers later on in the report.

Squad​
M Luff, D Chapman (c) , D Kearsley, X Rose, D Dubb-Lynch, Bugsy, M Mitchell, K Clapingham, C Dwyer, M Hutchinson C Raferty. (subs) R Dunn, G Thomas, D Pares, D Kumar-Rai, K Gough, D Lampinen, D Speirs, L Asher-Howgate, S Ra, G Bennett, D Jellett

v

Kick Off​
Both teams had solid chances and both where playing a great style of football, with C Dwyer putting away a magical solo effort and giving webbers the lead, but it was short lived as the Webbers back 4 struggled to mark an important P Dikov and he headed a superb cross in the back of the net 6 minutes later.Half Time it was all level at 1 - 1

2nd Half​
Subs bought on in the 64th minute. Both teams made changes and Crystal palace and Webbers FC both ahd good opportunities but neither side could take advantage of there opportunities and defence stood solid in the 1 - 1 final score. C Dwyer taking the Man Of The Match Honours.​

News​

stay tuned for player numbers and the first game of the season.