Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009

Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009

Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009.

As you would all know Mathew writes a cricket blog on Cricket Web and after thoroughly enjoying the first live chat on Cricket Web, is keen to make it a regular event.

The way the chat will work is that every post is moderated and a selection of question posts will be approved six at a time for Mathew to respond to.

Once Mathew has responded to the six approved posts, we will invite more questions/posts in response. Please keep note on what member "James" and member "pasag" are posting as they will be controlling the moderation of posts.

The chat will run for approximately one hour and a rough structure that will be followed covering:

1) Mathew's thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and the tournament in general

2) Mathew's upcoming benefit year in the 2009/10 season

3) What Mathew is up to in the off-season

4) Open Question time.

In doing the chat this way, it means it is kept under control, and gives Mathew the chance to keep focused on the questions being approved, and not having so many appear at any one time.

Please note that you may post as a Guest without registering but we suggest you register as you won't have to enter the spam code each time you post.

Please also note that in order to see the latest posts you need to refresh the page. It does not refresh automatically.

Have fun
    Last edited by James; 22-06-2009 at 01:59 AM.

The Chat is now live.

Welcome Mathew, great to have you here for another chat after such a successful first one back in April.

What were your thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and how did you find the competition in general?

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The Chat is now live.

Welcome Mathew, great to have you here for another chat after such a successful first one back in April.

What were your thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and how did you find the competition in general?
    Hi there to all and welcome to those that have taken time out to have a wee chat with me about all things cricket..regards mat
    Last edited by Mathew Sinclair; 22-06-2009 at 02:04 AM.

U19 Vice-Captain
    New Zealand had a lot of trouble with injuries throught the tournament- do you think there is a danger players are being overtrained?

Thanks Mat.

Ok everyone - feel free to ask a question

Those of you who have already done so - please re-submit.

Hi Mathew,

As a NZ supporter, I am often frustrated about our inability to handle quality spinners - particularly the likes of Muralitharan, Kumble and Harbhajan. Again, this became an issue at the Twenty20 World Cup when we came up against Mendis. Obviously, this is hard to replicate in practice situations, but how can we improve our batsmen in regards to reading spinners out of the hand?

Cheers

U19 Vice-Captain
    NZ had their problems with injuries throughout the tournament- do you think there is a danger players could be overtrained?

International Cricketer
    Hi to all out there in cyberspace please feel free to ask away

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Could New Zealand have selected a better team for the T20 WC. I thought the bowlers were fairly poor. Is there anyone you thought missed out that deserved to go over.

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Hi Mathew,

As a NZ supporter, I am often frustrated about our inability to handle quality spinners - particularly the likes of Muralitharan, Kumble and Harbhajan. Again, this became an issue at the Twenty20 World Cup when we came up against Mendis. Obviously, this is hard to replicate in practice situations, but how can we improve our batsmen in regards to reading spinners out of the hand?

Cheers
    what we need to do voltman is start producing wickets that turn so that our batsman can start playing against spin

Mat is responding to the current posts to date - please hold off on more until he's had the chance to respond. Once you see a new response, feel free to fire some questions/thoughts at him

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by James_W View Post
    New Zealand had a lot of trouble with injuries throught the tournament- do you think there is a danger players are being overtrained?
    no i dont to be honest what i am concerned about is the other tournaments that players are playing in that aren't for there country,that is a big concern of mine as it provokes injuries and at nz expense

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulter View Post
    Could New Zealand have selected a better team for the T20 WC. I thought the bowlers were fairly poor. Is there anyone you thought missed out that deserved to go over.
    i thought the mix they had for that team was pretty well balanced only trouble was the senior players didnt stand up and be accounted for , i would have liked to see brendon diamanti been given a good go,a player that can turn a game with bat and ball

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Kensashi's Avatar
    Hey Mat!

Are there any uncut diamonds that you think could feature in the New Zealand team in the future? A young prodigy? Another Ross Taylor, perhaps?

Hey Matt, What are your thoughts on Shane Bond? Do you think he should have to earn his way back into the team, or should he be an automatic selection for the Sri Lanka tour in August?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information