• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Cricket Web Owner

Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009.

As you would all know Mathew writes a cricket blog on Cricket Web and after thoroughly enjoying the first live chat on Cricket Web, is keen to make it a regular event.

The way the chat will work is that every post is moderated and a selection of question posts will be approved six at a time for Mathew to respond to.

Once Mathew has responded to the six approved posts, we will invite more questions/posts in response. Please keep note on what member "James" and member "pasag" are posting as they will be controlling the moderation of posts.

The chat will run for approximately one hour and a rough structure that will be followed covering:

1) Mathew's thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and the tournament in general

2) Mathew's upcoming benefit year in the 2009/10 season

3) What Mathew is up to in the off-season

4) Open Question time.

In doing the chat this way, it means it is kept under control, and gives Mathew the chance to keep focused on the questions being approved, and not having so many appear at any one time.

Please note that you may post as a Guest without registering but we suggest you register as you won't have to enter the spam code each time you post.

Please also note that in order to see the latest posts you need to refresh the page. It does not refresh automatically.

Have fun :cool:

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Chat is now live.

Welcome Mathew, great to have you here for another chat after such a successful first one back in April.

What were your thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and how did you find the competition in general?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Mathew,

As a NZ supporter, I am often frustrated about our inability to handle quality spinners - particularly the likes of Muralitharan, Kumble and Harbhajan. Again, this became an issue at the Twenty20 World Cup when we came up against Mendis. Obviously, this is hard to replicate in practice situations, but how can we improve our batsmen in regards to reading spinners out of the hand?

Cheers

Howsie

International Captain
Could New Zealand picked a better team. Was there anyone that deserved too be there that wasn't?

Maybe a quicker bowler.

Mathew Sinclair

International Cricketer
The Chat is now live.

Welcome Mathew, great to have you here for another chat after such a successful first one back in April.

What were your thoughts on the Black Caps performance at the ICC World Twenty20 and how did you find the competition in general?
Hi there to all and welcome to those that have taken time out to have a wee chat with me about all things cricket..regards mat

Last edited:

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
New Zealand had a lot of trouble with injuries throught the tournament- do you think there is a danger players are being overtrained?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks Mat.

Ok everyone - feel free to ask a question :)

Those of you who have already done so - please re-submit.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Mathew,

As a NZ supporter, I am often frustrated about our inability to handle quality spinners - particularly the likes of Muralitharan, Kumble and Harbhajan. Again, this became an issue at the Twenty20 World Cup when we came up against Mendis. Obviously, this is hard to replicate in practice situations, but how can we improve our batsmen in regards to reading spinners out of the hand?

Cheers

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
NZ had their problems with injuries throughout the tournament- do you think there is a danger players could be overtrained?

Howsie

International Captain
Could New Zealand have selected a better team for the T20 WC. I thought the bowlers were fairly poor. Is there anyone you thought missed out that deserved to go over.

Mathew Sinclair

International Cricketer
Hi Mathew,

Cheers
what we need to do voltman is start producing wickets that turn so that our batsman can start playing against spin

angel

Cricket Spectator
NZ batting woes

Hi Mat, good to have you back on CW Live Chat. At the beginning of the T20 World Cup I always thought the NZ batsmen had some weaknesses in terms of playing spin, but I was surprised to see that they looked to be struggling against pace as well, as demonstrated by the match against Pakistan where Umar Gul took 5 wickets with an economy rate of 2.00. In your opiniion, what went wrong there?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Mat is responding to the current posts to date - please hold off on more until he's had the chance to respond. Once you see a new response, feel free to fire some questions/thoughts at him :)

Mathew Sinclair

International Cricketer
New Zealand had a lot of trouble with injuries throught the tournament- do you think there is a danger players are being overtrained?
no i dont to be honest what i am concerned about is the other tournaments that players are playing in that aren't for there country,that is a big concern of mine as it provokes injuries and at nz expense

Mathew Sinclair

International Cricketer
Could New Zealand have selected a better team for the T20 WC. I thought the bowlers were fairly poor. Is there anyone you thought missed out that deserved to go over.
i thought the mix they had for that team was pretty well balanced only trouble was the senior players didnt stand up and be accounted for , i would have liked to see brendon diamanti been given a good go,a player that can turn a game with bat and ball

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey Mat!

Are there any uncut diamonds that you think could feature in the New Zealand team in the future? A young prodigy? Another Ross Taylor, perhaps? :)

Piles

Cricket Spectator
Hey Matt, What are your thoughts on Shane Bond? Do you think he should have to earn his way back into the team, or should he be an automatic selection for the Sri Lanka tour in August?

Mathew Sinclair

International Cricketer
Hey Mat!

Are there any uncut diamonds that you think could feature in the New Zealand team in the future? A young prodigy? Another Ross Taylor, perhaps? :)
kane williamson from northern districts could be a good prospect for the future never going to find another ross taylor with his power and hitting ability but there are some good young kids coming through just need to look after these guys with the right training and coaching etc

Status
Not open for further replies.