Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Mathew Sinclair Live Chat - 22nd June 2009

Mat,

I remember your catch against Australia in this game off the bowling of Oram to get out Hayden), is the best catch you have ever taken? And when you pointed to the crowd was that giving some banter back?
    Last edited by Craig; 22-06-2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Vice-Captain
    Any chance of a nz team playing in the aussie domestic big bash and aussie future comps?

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    hi Matt,

its great to see you back here.

Why do you think The Blackcaps have been performing so badly lately? I personally think its about time for some heads to roll

Cheers

Banned
    Do NZ FC cricketers earn enough in the summer to support them and their family through the rest of the year comfortably? I ask this to understand the professionalism with which they approach cricket

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Evening Mat,

Quite often at Test/ODI/T20 level the NZ batsmen have struggled against real geniune pace (like Shaun Tait, Mohammad Sami, Brett Lee etc.), why is that? Is that down to lack of real geniune fast bowlers (like over 145km/h) on the NZ domestic scene? Mind you Shane Bond when he was at his fastest ran through teams in ODIs for fun as well.
    yeh i think so we dont to be honest have the playing numbers here in nz and our stocks of fast bowlers is getting better in my opinion provided they dont get injured.. we here in nz have relyed on dibbly dooblies i call them due to the nature of our wickets tghat is changing now because the wickets are getting flatter and bowlers of this slow medium pace nature working harder for there wickets

Hey, Matt.

Who's the best batsman you've player with and for. And what did the crowd say to you before you took that amazing catch in Melbourne a couple of years back?

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly_da_gr8 View Post
    Matt,

What was the reason for Kiwis' exit from the just ended t20i WC?

i think a lack of the senior players not stepping up and taking a lot of the responsibility

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Matt

Who is New Zealand's best young up and coming bowler.

Would Trent Boult be high up on you're list

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Mat,

I remember your catch against Australia [url=http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/66385.html]in this game off the bowling of Oram to get out Hayden), is the best catch you have ever taken? And when you pointed to the crowd was that giving some banter back?
    yes it sure is the best catch i have taken considering hayden was on fire...i wont tell you what i said but i will say it was directed at the crowd

Thanks for the response Matt

International Vice-Captain
    Matt would like a kiwi and canberra side in the big bash.
    BYW 4 nz played for canberra comets whats the deal there,is their a connection between new zealand and canberra?

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Any chance of a nz team playing in the aussie domestic big bash and aussie future comps?
    never i cant see that happening but i do see 2020 been played here in nz and aussie in some sort of chalenge competition for domestic first class teams

Quote Originally Posted by kuranui View Post
    hi Matt,

its great to see you back here.

Why do you think The Blackcaps have been performing so badly lately? I personally think its about time for some heads to roll

Cheers
    hard to know mate performance is a hard one to pinpoint obviously when we arent winning thats when questions want to be answered,give it some time we are a very young and up and coming team with very little experience and we have a long way to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    Do NZ FC cricketers earn enough in the summer to support them and their family through the rest of the year comfortably? I ask this to understand the professionalism with which they approach cricket
    good question we do in the summer but you tend to find cricketers head off overseas as we are not paid fulltime for the whole year like other countrys so we have to head overseas and earn over there..i reckon when and if nz cricket start employing a fulltime contract of first class players we will get so much better.cheers

Mat,

Thank for your reply.

I'd also like to ask you about two Central batsmen - Greg Hay and Brad Patton.

Hay has an excellent record as a young batsman in all forms of the game, particularly given the typically bowler-friendly nature of New Zealand domestic cricket, but he had limited opportunities last season. Is there a feeling within the Stags camp that he has something particular to work on before he's ready for regular First Class cricket, or was it a simple matter of him being slightly down on form and confidence? There have been murmours around that he struggles in tough batting conditions and has his record slightly inflated by the flatter Napier wicket - is there any truth to this?

Patton's a really interesting one. Unless I'm much mistaken, he was more known as a medium pacer in his youth, but his batting has really come on later in his cricketing life.. as he showed last season. I'm yet to really get this confirmed though and there's precious little information available about him anywhere, so anything you could tell us about him at all would be absolutely fantastic. I'm always fascinated by the late bloomer.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Fan View Post
    Hey, Matt.

Who's the best batsman you've player with and for. And what did the crowd say to you before you took that amazing catch in Melbourne a couple of years back?
    i have always enjoyed batting with steven fleming a real calming influence and a top bloke who i would consider a good friend..read my latest response to this question on my catch

Mat,

Dan is the only man for spin attack? Jeetan just shows his head in a few games and disappear again.

As NZ pitch doesn't suit much for Spinners, Why doesn't Jeetan form a permenant playing XI member in the overseas squad?

Is the NZ board not encouraging spinners as their pitches doesn't suit the spinners?

We have seen many medium pacers from NZ but, not the spinners.

Will there be any future improvement in the Spinning attack?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information