• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B results and post-match comments

Blaze

Banned
Great effort Blazers, even though my tactics didn't manage to get to marc.

Really happy to get a win early. The batting is a concern but really happy with my bowlers managing to knock over the opposition for 116 in the first innings, setting up the victory. What a match, only 11 runs in it!

P.S. - Marc can you give me that address again so I don't make the same mistake in the future?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! Am absolutely stoked with that effort from the bowlers especially. Waqar Younis with 11/121 was amazing. Good stuff with the bat from Pollock and Tendulkar with half centuries, and Peel with 30 off 13 balls from number 9.

Are we expected to write match reports like in WCC?

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing result first up for Jaffna, a bit suprised about how effective both Younis was and Trueman in the first dig, but i guess Younis does the same thing on Pakistan pitches as well. At the end of the day our batting wasn't good enough.

andyc

chaminda_00 said:
Disappointing result first up for Jaffna, a bit suprised about how effective both Younis was and Trueman in the first dig, but i guess Younis does the same thing on Pakistan pitches as well. At the end of the day our batting wasn't good enough.
I was really surprised by that, cause your batting is pretty strong. I was expecting to get beaten

Blaze

Banned
andyc said:
I was really surprised by that, cause your batting is pretty strong. I was expecting to get beaten

I was expecting to get beaten too. Especially as I was tipped to come last in the group in the money makers thread. Stoked to even win one game tbh.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
I think i stuffed up the tactics and went too aggressive with the batting, also marc can you send my ALFtA's stuff to chaminda_00(@)cricketmail.net, hotmail keeps playing up.

andyc

chaminda_00 said:
I think i stuffed up the tactics and went too aggressive with the batting, also marc can you send my ALFtA's stuff to chaminda_00(@)cricketmail.net, hotmail keeps playing up.
If you can Marc, I'd appreciate it if you could send mine to both my hotmail (andycameron60) and cricketmail (andyc).

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
SUPER BILLY BATES!

Takes 9 wickets, on a pretty dead pitch, congrats to Strauss and Rahul, who both got out for Nelson (Shep?) first time round, and then Super Dragon, Cyril Walters, who made a sublime century in the chasing down of 356.

Failures: Compton, Waugh and Weekes, the heart of the middle order all failed, but we came through, Donald and Imran also didn't go too well.

Nice win though, UP THE FOXES!

In a fortnight , we're off to The Testing Forum, who dramaticly won in Jaffna.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't recieved anything from my assistant, Marc, not sure if they haven't been sent or anything :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
Great effort Blazers, even though my tactics didn't manage to get to marc.

Really happy to get a win early. The batting is a concern but really happy with my bowlers managing to knock over the opposition for 116 in the first innings, setting up the victory. What a match, only 11 runs in it!

P.S. - Marc can you give me that address again so I don't make the same mistake in the future?
marc at robbins 46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

I must admit I thought you'd lost that one, but right at the end pulled it out the bag.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jamee999 said:
I haven't recieved anything from my assistant, Marc, not sure if they haven't been sent or anything :)
They were all written, but I forgot to send them and left them till tonight...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Disappointing to lose, especially to a side that I don't expect to be particularly strong. If they can't put us away when we play so sub-standardly as that, then I really don't expect the Foxes to challenge at any point of the season :p

andyc

Wow! What a victory!
Boycott got us off to a great start with his 118 off 416 balls, and Graeme Pollock's double century was incredible. Save for debutant Jack Ryder, no one else really chipped in, but we still made a great score. And Shaun Pollock finishes the game with 33 and 10/90.

Blaze

Banned
Poor, poor effort. Much as I hate to admit it I think it is a sign of things to come especially with my best bowler now out for 5 games.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nice win there by the boys, also i don't feel as bad now losing to Testing, after their win against the Foxes.