• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A results and post-match comments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Anothe nice win, got torn apart abit by Dev and Laker but Dempster's pair of 93's saw us through :) 8 wickets each to McGrath and Adcock was good too :D

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! What a win! Our paceman made great use of the early pictch conditions and although I would have liked more from the batsman in the first innings our spinners did the trick in the 2nd innings, it was a true team performance. However, in saying all that I would like to see more big scores from my batsman with only Thorpe getting a century for us this season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well this is technically ALFTA 3 but Liam and I couldn't be bothered to get the forum to be changed!

We're not sure what will happen past this - almost certainly a break till June because of my forthcoming exams.

Mister Wright

marc71178 said:
Well this is technically ALFTA 3 but Liam and I couldn't be bothered to get the forum to be changed!

We're not sure what will happen past this - almost certainly a break till June because of my forthcoming exams.
Seeing as though this is really the only cricket simulator left on this forum, I'd love to see it continue, perhaps with a trading period and adding of players who meet requirements and a one day tournament.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
good win again lads, hopefully we can keep this run up after the poor start to the season that is 3 in 3. Excellent work from the middle order second time round. Tyson class as usual

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
First Innings of 266 from 143.2 overs - Foster 5/61 from 41 overs and Toshack 1/32 from 30 overs - superb economy. A touch dissapointed with our first innings batting but it was better in the 2nd which is where the game was won. Very pleased to be on top of the table.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
At the halfway stage there are some players showing their class for Northern and others that have been dissappointing.

Nourse has been the top batsman with 2 hundred and 440runs@55, Melville has also performed decently, hitting 389 runs@ 43.22.
With the ball Tyson has dominated, with 5 five fors and 39 wickets@18.54. Higgs (18@22.17) and Lindwall(21@23.38) have also been successful, showing where the strengths of the team are.

Poor performers have been Sobers (batting ave 27.4, bowling 5@44.2), Mohammad(8@38), Russell(batt ave 22.67) Gavaskar (30.11) and Ames (18.43)

The tail has also failed to contribute as well as hoped. Of the 4 centuries scored, the highest was 117 and this is something that needs to be addressed, players need to cash in when they get in.

Mister Wright

That was a terrible 2nd innings batting display from us. Absolutely no reason for it, just lack of aplication.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great to get things back on track with a win. Youhana continues to impress a surprising amount, not out in both innings, and Ponsford batted well. Marshall and Benaud starred with the ball.

Where was the hat-trick? There were two instances of three wickets in an over in the Northern-Penguins game, but Marshall took 4 balls and Tyson took 6. If there was a hat-trick in another game, it was certainly a good round for the bowlers.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great performances from Miandad and Pigeon saw us home there, another very impressive win. stoked at how well the boys are doing.