• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Draft

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
sent

marc just to confirm, so long as i am not selecting players from Pakistan, Zim or Bangladesh i need only send 4 picks correct?

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
i was going by what Marc said earlier in relation to Dempster, that his stats were'nt goign to me amended much.
Fair enough, though that does surprise me a bit.

Granted, Dempster appears to be very highly regarded from the little I've read, but 4 not outs in the bare minimum (for ALFTA purposes) 10 tests he played do have a disproportionate effect on his average. He played in mostly drawn games too (though admittedly most seem to have been just 3-day tests) and his first class average is nothing spectacular either.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
garage flower said:
Fair enough, though that does surprise me a bit.

Granted, Dempster appears to be very highly regarded from the little I've read, but 4 not outs in the bare minimum (for ALFTA purposes) 10 tests he played do have a disproportionate effect on his average. He played in mostly drawn games too (though admittedly most seem to have been just 3-day tests) and his first class average is nothing spectacular either.
exactly, Russell had more innings, less not outs, more centuries (5 in 18 innings) so when it was said that Dempsters stats wouldn't be adjusted much, Russell became an attractive option.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Apologies - been a hectic weekend.

The final 12 are as follows:

Western Vikings - MV Boucher
Leicestershire Foxes - PA Strang
Toronto Tornados - M Mbangwa
Rohan Riders - Shahid Afridi
Jaffna Jets - Hanif Mohammad
Dynamo Morpork - AM Blignaut
NZ Blazers - GW Flower
Penguins of King George - ADR Campbell
Testing Forum CC - TJ Friend
Bunnies - C Blythe
Great Northern CC - G Ulyett
Dyslexic Dymanos - Harbhajan Singh

Trading details will be announced in the next day or so.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Jaffna Jets - Hanif Mohammad
Pretty happy with Hanif as my last pick, gives me a pretty good reserve opening bat if any of my batsmen get injuried. His meant to be a pretty handy fielder and can bowl with both hands, as well as being able to keep.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting side note i just released, no one picked Ian Healy or Rod Marsh. Would have thought someone would have picked them, atleast as a reserve keeper. Looks like Taibu could be one of the top keepers going around. :D

Blaze

Banned
chaminda_00 said:
Interesting side note i just released, no one picked Ian Healy or Rod Marsh. Would have thought someone would have picked them, atleast as a reserve keeper. Looks like Taibu could be one of the top keepers going around. :D

I was going to go for Healy but decided to take my chances with one keeper so that I have more batting/bowling options.

Blaze

Banned
btw guys what happens now? As you know I came in late so am sort of learning as I go. Are we straight into the season or do we trade with each other or what?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Very happy to have Bhajj along for the ride. Gives the side a good balance. Now I just have to flip a coin for Gough/Vaas/Streak.

Thanks to Marc for helping me out while I was away.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Pretty happy with Hanif as my last pick, gives me a pretty good reserve opening bat if any of my batsmen get injuried. His meant to be a pretty handy fielder and can bowl with both hands, as well as being able to keep.
Not in this game will he be bowling or keeping.