• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions Trophy XI

DingDong

State Captain
1. G Smith
2. S Watson
3. R Ponting (C)
4. P Collingwood
5. S Malik
6. T Dilshan (Wk)
7. E Morgan
8. D Vettori
9. J Anderson
10. M Aamer
11. S Ajmal

12th man- J Patel

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you look at it purely from a statistics POV for the tournament, he's really not far off the mark.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Ok, I will have a go at a side

Watson
Smith
Ponting
Guptill
Collingwood
Elliott
Malik
Vettori
Broad
Lee
Parnell

I was probably a bit harsh earlier on Ding Dong but more importance needs to be placed on how important their roles were. For example, Vettori, Elliott and Guptill were crucial in getting NZ in the finals, Watson and Ponting were destructive for Aus

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is Patel even in the current top 100 one day cricketers?

Seriously, I would prefer N. McCullum to him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
1. G Smith
2. S Watson
3. R Ponting (C)
4. P Collingwood
5. S Malik
6. T Dilshan (Wk)
7. E Morgan
8. D Vettori
9. J Anderson
10. M Aamer
11. S Ajmal

12th man- J Patel
good side toss between Ajmal/Hauritz and Aamir/ Broad rest looks good

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Patel even in the current top 100 one day cricketers?

Seriously, I would prefer N. McCullum to him.
You & me both, Patel doesn't even stand-up at domestic level, let alone International level, where he's generally meat & drink for any decent batsman.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I saw Patel and some of the Wellington cricket team doing a promotion at the wellington train station. Patel was obviously tired of people recognising him so he kept his back turned to me and offered me a free bottle of promotional water over his shoulder while fleetingly glancing at me.
I thought about saying 'hey Jeetan' but could tell he wasn't in the mood for it. So I caught my train.

He actually is a pretty accurate bowler. He just doesn't seem to bowl very intelligently or get much turn.