• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Athlai

Not Terrible
Patel isn't a bad bat either, not a vettori but a good enough for a quick 20.
We already have a competent tail in terms of lower order guys who can hit a boundary. We'll miss the guy who can come in at 6 most of all.

99*

International Debutant
So sick. Can't believe we don't have Vettori for this game. Massive effort needed from the side.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BTW has anyone ever heard Ponting say anything other then he would have batted first too if he won the toss in an ODI?

I'm looking forward to seeing quickly Redmond bats.

Howsie

International Captain
Injured XI

1.Ryder
5.Elliott
6.Oram
7.Vettori
10.Tuffey

During the tournament, that's impressive.

GGG

State Captain
We already have a competent tail in terms of lower order guys who can hit a boundary. We'll miss the guy who can come in at 6 most of all.
Yep thats why it seemed logical to replace Broom with Styris, but our selectors have never been logical, well not since Turner has had any say.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Given how well Watson has bowled, and how little batting the lower middle order has done of late, I'd have really liked to see Voges come in for Hopes in this one. Was never going to happen though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
disappointing that Vettori is out. Will be a lot more confident if we can restrict NZ to around 200 though with Bond still playing.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given how well Watson has bowled, and how little batting the lower middle order has done of late, I'd have really liked to see Voges come in for Hopes in this one. Was never going to happen though.
I said that last match, didn't happen then either :(

Athlai

Not Terrible
lol @ commentary

McCullum has thrilled us in this tournament with his 16s off 6 balls and 20s off 10 but he really needs to bat for most of the 50 overs and not play. Spot the guy who hasn't been watching NZ play lately.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCullum lucky he got an inside edge there. Was plumb otherwise. Scary moment.