• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Howsie

International Captain
Because NZ can't win a game on merit, right? Really pisses me off.
Did you see what they reported after the England game? Pretty much said New Zealand only won because of the pitch, god it's annoying.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
If you search 'ahmedabad mirror pakistan cricket', most of the relevant results are NZ media outlets who have just copied the NZPA article.

Ahmedabad Mirror said:
While it would be jumping the gun at this stage to suggest a hanky-panky semi-final, the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) anti-corruption unit would be having a good look at the Pakistan vs New Zealand match of October 3.
If you look at the source, I read it as just suggesting the unit 'would' analyse the game, in the author's opinion, not that they actually are.

99*

International Debutant
HTFU and do it.

Have class in the morning. Haven't slept more than a few hours a night since last Wednesday. Essay due Thursday.

But bugger that a rough day for me is an easy price to pay, how often do NZ make the finals?
Mid-semester break ftw.

Although I do have an essay, a report, a presentation, an economic anaylsis paper, a full business plan to do and have to study for exams this week. And haven't started any of them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mid-semester break ftw.

Although I do have an essay, a report, a presentation, an economic anaylsis paper, a full business plan to do and have to study for exams this week. And haven't started any of them.
Yeah have a essay worth 20% due Thurs, will get to it after the cricket and the cricket's aftermath is dealt with.

pasag

RTDAS
My last uni assignment due tomorrow and have kinda pushed it off till today so will probably have to give it a miss and watch the replay. Really sucks as it could be ages till we're in this position again.

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
My last uni assignment due tomorrow and have kinda pushed it off till today so will probably have to give it a miss and watch the replay. Really sucks as it could be ages till we're in this position again.
I think you should ask for an extension for that Uni assignment and watch the match. Perhaps your computer 'died' or you ate a dodgy curry - anything!

Days of Grace

International Captain
Your lecturer's probably going to be watching the match, so I'm sure he/she will understand.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
At my dads and he doesn't have sky so am going to miss it. Started watching in '03 so this is NZ's biggest game since I started watching, only go to my dads about 5 weeks of the year - terrific timing:laugh:

JBH001

International Regular
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then, have honestly enjoyed every bit of commentary from Bhogle I've ever heard. Playing top level cricket isn't (and rightfully so at that) a pre-requisite for being a cricket commentator, and the sport is lucky to have journalists like Jim Maxwell and Bhogle to broadcast it to the masses.
I have to say I rather like Bhogle myself, a lot worse floating around.

A couple more hours before big brother and little brother tap gloves and go to it.

inbox24

International Debutant
Elliot will be the real danger tonight, he's the rock of batting and bowling solid in times of turmoil. Hopefully we can be chasing tonight rather than having 300+ chased down against us.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rating Elliott's bowling means credibility -2 points.

Hope Aus bats first and scores over 300 tbh. Game would be ours.

Howsie

International Captain
Rating Elliott's bowling means credibility -2 points.

Hope Aus bats first and scores over 300 tbh. Game would be ours.
I just hope Australia bats first tbh, would hate for us to get something really average.

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
As we won in 2000.... I'd guess not.8-)
thanks, went hunting for the match details . only india has a few old timers still playing

New Zealand (265-6, 49.4 over) defeated India (264-6, 50 over) by four wickets.

India
Sourav Ganguly (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Ajit Agarkar, Hemang Badani, Rahul Dravid, Vinod Kambli, Anil Kumble, Sunil Joshi, Robin Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Sridharan Sriram, Venkatesh Prasad, Vijay Dahiya (wicket keeper), Zaheer Khan, Anshuman Gaekwad (Coach)

New Zealand

Stephen Fleming (captain), Geoff Allott, Nathan Astle, Chris Cairns, Chris Harris, Craig McMillan, Dion Nash, Chris Nevin, Adam Parore (wicket keeper), Craig Spearman, Scott Styris, Glen Sulzberger, Roger Twose, Paul Wiseman, David Trist (coach)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Australia win the game. Really disappointing that, was looking forward to seeing how Vettori would go against us.