Cricket Player Manager
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Poor showing from the kiwis. Well done Aussies and Punter for player of the tournament and winning the golden bat. Well done Watson for MOTM.

Australia is still too good for the rest of the world.
    ya and just the thought of it makes me want to quit watching cricket.. sports are fun when they are competative..Aus dominance is geting soo boring and dire.. I am not saying this to show that i don't like Aus cricket.. i really like the aussie team.. but what i hate is other teams' unabilities to match the strength of Aussie team..and put a competative match against them..last year South Africa was the only team that challanged them in their own home.. but they were able to fight back and eventually they beat South Africa in South Africa..

this years Ashes were just a fluke.. Aus was dominating the whole series before the last test match.. infact, they had one bad day.. and that cost them the series..the point is.. the other teams still have to work hard to get to Aus level.. until then.. seeing Aus dominating them series after series is just boring..

Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    ya and just the thought of it makes me want to quit watching cricket.. sports are fun when they are competative..Aus dominance is geting soo boring and dire.. I am not saying this to show that i don't like Aus cricket.. i really like the aussie team.. but what i hate is other teams' unabilities to match the strength of Aussie team..and put a competative match against them..last year South Africa was the only team that challanged them in their own home.. but they were able to fight back and eventually they beat South Africa in South Africa..

this years Ashes were just a fluke.. Aus was dominating the whole series before the last test match.. infact, they had one bad day.. and that cost them the series..the point is.. the other teams still have to work hard to get to Aus level.. until then.. seeing Aus dominating them series after series is just boring..
    You know Australia have lost three of their last five Test series don't you?
    Last edited by The Sean; 06-10-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    ya and just the thought of it makes me want to quit watching cricket..
    Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

People realise Ponting was out for 1 in the final right

Lol at Aus dominance comment as well. Someone hasn't watched much cricket over the past year.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Last CH was 2-2 wasn't it? And we looked on top because of Guptill's efforts in the rained off match. Full strength NZ or even just with Vettori may have seen a bit of a difference in how this match went about.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Aus did NOT dominate the most recent ashes series. Before the final game both sides had won one game each (convincingly) and had the better of a draw each. Hard to say anything other than the series was for all intents and purposes even going into the final game. Sure the Aussie players had been statistically better, but most of that was due to the absolute direness of England in game 1.

Banned
    Well done Australia. Champions and rightfully so.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Last CH was 2-2 wasn't it? And we looked on top because of Guptill's efforts in the rained off match. Full strength NZ or even just with Vettori may have seen a bit of a difference in how this match went about.
    From the side that won those two matches, Vettori was the only player unavailable for the final through injury. Until he pulled up on the morning of the final, I thought you guys were just making pre-emptive excuses .

It is tough with Vettori down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    From the side that won those two matches, Vettori was the only player unavailable for the final through injury. Until he pulled up on the morning of the final, I thought you guys were just making pre-emptive excuses .

The difference between oz and NZ though is that the latter might be competitive at times in the CH series but fail to win finals in the biggest tournaments.

I was down with a viral for the last few days so wasn't able to post during the final, but I'm chuffed with the way we performed in this global tournament despite having a very young team at our disposal.

Extremely happy about Punter as well, after all the flak he has received in the last few months, this tournament win was probably the best thing that could have happened to him as well as the rebuilding Aussie side, it was awesome to see the way in which Ponting lead his young bunch of blokes by example.

My heart goes out to all the Kiwi fans, it would have been pretty disappointing to see your team go down in the finals, but I think the New Zealand team and their fans should be proud that they managed to make it that far, despite losing one player after the other.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post

Put Vettori in instead of Patel, and the opening 12 overs for Australia look a lot more dangerous than they turned out being. The Aussie batsmen would have had to take risks against one of Mills, Bond or Vettori, which is no easy task.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    The difference between oz and NZ though is that the latter might be competitive at times in the CH series but fail to win finals in the biggest tournaments.
    New Zealand have a limited player pool, which wasn't helped by the plethora of injuries they suffered throughout the tournament.

I reckon with Vettori, they'd have won the final.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Put Vettori in instead of Patel, and the opening 12 overs for Australia look a lot more dangerous than they turned out being. The Aussie batsmen would have had to take risks against one of Mills, Bond or Vettori, which is no easy task.
    Could've added a few more runs too.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a man’s right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of one’s own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain one’s life and to keep the results of one’s own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    New Zealand have a limited player pool, which wasn't helped by the plethora of injuries they suffered throughout the tournament.

I reckon with Vettori, they'd have won the final.
    Not a hope in hell. The game wasn't a contest. Vettori wasn't going to make that much difference.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Not a hope in hell. The game wasn't a contest. Vettori wasn't going to make that much difference.
    Tbf though, you'd expect a Durham 5th team to beat us, so I'll take your opinion with a bucket of salt.

Vettori would have made a difference because Patel isn't very good at international level, but I wouldn't categorically state we would have won. I'm just amazed how far we got with so many injuries and the wierdest squad selection in a while.
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread Information