• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still at it 8-)

Kyle Mills, Shane Bond, Daniel Vettori, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor and even Grant Elliott thses day's are all good ODI players. The three bowlers are world class and Guptill has been fantastic since coming into the team.
Shane Bond and Vettori are the only proven quality ODI players there. Although Bond seems to be struggling since his return, appears to be just a FM these days.

Howsie

International Captain
Shane Bond and Vettori are the only proven quality ODI players there. Although Bond seems to be struggling since his return, appears to be just a FM these days.
Elliott, Taylor, Guptill, Bond, Mills and Vettori have all performed well in the past against Australia so that's good enough to give me hope.

GGG

State Captain
Still at it 8-)

Kyle Mills, Shane Bond, Daniel Vettori, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor and even Grant Elliott thses day's are all good ODI players. The three bowlers are world class and Guptill has been fantastic since coming into the team.
A batting average of 46.23 and bowling average of 21.76 ain't to shabby, failed in the 2 games played against minnows. Of course since he plays for New Zealand he is a work horse who gives it his best and puches above his weight.

Last edited:

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Bond has to bowl better than he did today.i wonder what Mcculum's role is?.he seems to be confused.sometimes he scratches around and there are days where he plays some really bad shots.I think its better for new zealand if he plays the anchor role.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Over the moon with NZ making the final - just awesome :)

Now comes the hard-part. What to do with work on Tuesday with the game running from 11:30pm to 7:30am EST....

Flem274*

123/5
Bond has to bowl better than he did today.i wonder what Mcculum's role is?.he seems to be confused.sometimes he scratches around and there are days where he plays some really bad shots.I think its better for new zealand if he plays the anchor role.
Disagree. He's been trying that and it hasn't worked for him. Would prefer he went for (controlled) hell for leather that he did in 2008 personally.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree. He's been trying that and it hasn't worked for him. Would prefer he went for (controlled) hell for leather that he did in 2008 personally.
He only made 17 today but he boosted our run rate and Guptil had no run rate pressure when he walked out to bat. It also took all the pressure off Redmond and allowed him to do all those leaves outside the off stump without slowing us down.
In the FINAL (can't believe I am typing that) McCullum has no choice but to be the aggressor as Redmond simply can't score like Ryder can.

James you said EST are you in the States - (I am new to this forum) are you an expat New Zealander?

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
the problem with that approach is that the aussie batting lineup is better than pakistan's.you will be chasing a bigger score and cannot afford to expose the fragile middle order early ,either way new zealand have to bowl very well to restrict that batting lineup.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James you said EST are you in the States - (I am new to this forum) are you an expat New Zealander?
Used to live in Wellington (for 26 years I was there).

Moved to Sydney in 2006 for work :)

EST is Eastern Standard Time in Australia as SP. Fleming said.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hope NZ go all the way now. They won an ICC knockout tournament way back in 2000. Backing them to pull off an upset in the finals.

Flem274*

123/5
If we actualy pull this off with no Ryder or Tuffey and Bond and Broom not at their best/not very good at ODs full stop (only Broom not very good for those that misinterpret :p) I'm going to laugh, especially if the side includes Hopkins/Diamanti and Redmond. :p

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
If we actualy pull this off with no Ryder or Tuffey and Bond and Broom not at their best/not very good at ODs full stop (only Broom not very good for those that misinterpret :p) I'm going to laugh, especially if the side includes Hopkins/Diamanti and Redmond. :p
Why would Hopkins/Diamanti play? Is there still a question over Elliott's fitness?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we lose it will plainly be the result of an umpiring conspiracy letting an inferior side beat us
[Naumannrant.jpeg].