• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Fusion

Global Moderator
Congrats to the Ausies on a well-deserved win and trophy! We all keep talking about the demise of the Aussies, but until they consistently start losing the big events, they are still the top ranked team IMO. Also well-done to the Black Caps for having a great tournament. :)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
What an innings from Watson.....................2 sixes to seal it for Aussies...very well deserved indeed.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent effort from the Kiwis, but were always 50 runs short of a competitive total.

Awesome effort form Watto though, and when it counted most. One of the few times I wish fiery was no longer banned :(

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Australia, deserved winners and consistently the best team through out the tournament. It was always going to be a big ask for New Zealand, but losing Vettori probably finished off our chances before the match began. Great bowling by Bond (he's bowled far far better than his tournament figures suggest) and Mills, but pretty mediocre from everyone else to be honest. Still given the injuries incurred to 5 players during this tournament, a spot in the final is something to be very proud of.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All rather inevitable.

Inevitable that Australia would beat NZ in a very meaningful contest. Inevitable that Watson would start to ton up once he stopped chucking his wicket away, one of the best batsmen around of the newer (sub 30) generation I think.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Watson, 2 ducks and then finishes with 2 unbeaten hundreds when it was needed most.Who would have thought
Anyway well done OZ.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think Watson is susceptible to lbw. But teams don't seem to target him there too often. But he is very strong on the pull shot - and most importantly seems to play intelligently. He is quality.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Watto is class with muscele to back it up.................its destruction of the opposition.....Gives a notion of gilly, hayden, symonds.........one of their class. Good to see him play like that.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Watson is susceptible to lbw. But teams don't seem to target him there too often. But he is very strong on the pull shot - and most importantly seems to play intelligently. He is quality.
He is, yeah. England tortured him with it all summer. Presumably he's been working on it a lot though, so as time goes by it'll grow harder and harder to exploit.