• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like McCullum should have gone with three slips for Bond and then that catch that flew past the vacant third slip position in the 8th over would have been taken.

Dissector

International Debutant
The match is slipping away quickly. NZ needs to put it all in , give the ball to Bond and Mills, give them attacking fields and hope for some luck.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Butler to White, 1 run, dropped! White goes to pull a shorter ball and makes a meal of it, all wrong with the balance, and the ball flies up off the shoulder of the bat very, very high to the leg side, McCullum runs across to his left but fails to catch it, it was hard because it was spiraling but he needed to pouch that

McCullum just droped the match here.

Flem274*

123/5
Gareth Hopkins won't be able to believe his luck after tonight. :p

Nah Mccullum's place is cemented in stone. He hasn't been much of a skipper so far this game but he was thrust into it at the last minute in a final with half the first XI injured. Was always going to be hard.

Congrats to Watto.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think you can hit the ball twice as long as you don't run. I'm no expert on the laws though.
I just googled it - you are right

Double hit
This is another dismissal you rarely see in cricket.

But a batter can be given out hitting the ball twice if the second strike is deliberate.

The only exception that allows a batsman to hit the ball on a second occasion is if they are protecting their wicket (ie: stopping the ball from rolling back on to the stumps).

Raghav

The lbw looked out. No luck here for the kiwis
yep..

We are not lucky to win this!

Anyway, It was great tournament for NZ. They have exceeded everyone's expectations!! I enjoyed this tournament very much and was supporting NZ till now.

I have resigned my hope after seeing that drop catch and couple of things which may have gone our favour on our day.

Thanks everyone in the CW!! Meet you again in the Airtel Champions League Thread .. with me supporting another underdog "Otago"

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lovely straight shot for 6 from White & on that note I'm off to bed, well played Australia, thoroughly deserved the win

Faisal1985

And should mark an end to a great tournament over all...............CT has proven that ODI's are the best format........All praise to the Aussies, after losing the Ashes, they did not get demoralized in any fashion what so ever....and are proving a point about their cricketing tactics and thinking.......superb.....i think OZs are still world leaders of Cricket....and have the minimal of weaknesses.......they simply know how to nurture a player and how to utilize a certain player's strong points to their advantage....

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I will continue to watch - but also want to congratulate the Aussies on a good win. A better bowling attack and batted better.

Well done Kiwis for making it this far. Makes a change from getting knocked out in the semis. And the win against Pakistan was excellent. Elliot batting with a broken thumb and everything.