• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia v New Zealand - Final

Dissector

International Debutant
If New Zealand manage to win after losing Vettori it will be one of the most sensational upsets in ODI history; close to India's victory over the Windies in 1983. I would think only a sensational spell from Bond to rock the top order could challenge Australia and even then given the depth of their batting they could still pull through.

Howsie

International Captain
He didn't need to bowl.

We never put pressure on any one bowler. I thought Watson was the man to go, but Guptill got out just when he was looking to go on, and Taylor was our best batsmen so of course he couldn't step up to the big occasion.
And just why would Taylor feel the need to step up, he's New Zealand's "golden boy" and as long as he makes the odd 50-75 score he'll stay in the team for years to come.

Just when was his last century of note, he made one against Bangladesh last year but his last decent 100 was against Australia two years ago.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Expecting the FoW to be like this

1-5 [T Paine]
2 - 63 [ S Watson]
3 - 98 [ R Ponting]
4-104 [M Hussey]
5-135 [ C White]
6-142 [ J Hopes]
7-150 [ M Johnson]
8-151 [ B Lee, 5 mins]
9-168 [ C Ferguson]
10-183 [ P Siddle]
Hauritz not out

Last edited:

Raghav

Rubbish.

NZ would never have won that 2000 Champions' Trophy without that special innings from Cairns.
You need 11 players to play cricket. Thats why we had Cairns and he was in good form at that time to win the cup for us. If he was not in good form, Could he win the game for us?

Last edited:

Raghav

Proud to be Black Caps fan:

From Cricinfo
Dr Raj Kailasam: "New Zealand should be given more credit than what they receive. Even with a smaller population and limited player resources (for cricket, at least), they are doing pretty good. They have always been consistent in tournaments. So what if they have a bad day against a huge team like Australia ? Being from India, I still cheer for NZ as their team is still one of the best in the world and they are playing sans some of their good players. They are still winners in my book..."

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I haven't watched the first inning but as I have said before, the New Zealand batting line up depends on a few players (more so with Ryder out) and is bound to be inconsistent. Well done to the Kiwis for playing so well in the tournament. Even if they don't win, they have player superbly through the tournament.

Faisal1985

Proud to be Black Caps fan:

From Cricinfo
Dr Raj Kailasam: "New Zealand should be given more credit than what they receive. Even with a smaller population and limited player resources (for cricket, at least), they are doing pretty good. They have always been consistent in tournaments. So what if they have a bad day against a huge team like Australia ? Being from India, I still cheer for NZ as their team is still one of the best in the world and they are playing sans some of their good players. They are still winners in my book..."
Ofcourse.......NZ beat Pak, whole India is in love with the blackcaps.

Raghav

1-5 [T Paine] Accomplished
2 - 63 [ S Watson]
3 - 98 [ R Ponting]
4-104 [M Hussey]
5-135 [ C White]
6-142 [ J Hopes]
7-150 [ M Johnson]
8-151 [ B Lee, 5 mins]
9-168 [ C Ferguson]
10-183 [ P Siddle]
Hauritz not out
Bond to Paine, OUT, Bond strikes straightaway! Lovely catch by Taylor to back him up, he swings it away from the right-hander and pitches it up on the correct spot and lures him to go for the drive, Taylor snaps the outside edge diving low to his right

TD Paine c Taylor b Bond 1 (6b 0x4 0x6) SR: 16.66

Raghav

1-5 [T Paine]
2 - 63 [ S Watson]
3 - 98 [ R Ponting]
4-104 [M Hussey]
5-135 [ C White]
6-142 [ J Hopes]
7-150 [ M Johnson]
8-151 [ B Lee, 5 mins]