• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Second Semi-Final: New Zealand vs. Pakistan

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Aamer and Ajmal did well to push us from a hopeless 198 to a semi-respectable 233.

Still not enough, IMO.

Congrats, Kiwis.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
:laugh: Piss weak. We are so hopeless at finishing teams off. Unless Redmond scores where not going to win this.

Hell I'll say it now, game over Pakistan win.
Howsie,, dont give up!!

The conditions are good for batting and 230 is a par score IMO. NZ can chase this easily on this beautiful outfield. NZ are firm favorites eventhough, the last pair added some respectibility

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This is a close to respectable total although I am not so sure if Pakistan can defend it considering Asif is not there. IMO Asif should have been there ahead of someone but again I don't know who should have been out because I would rather not drop any of the current bowlers.

If a team can defend this total, it would be Pakistan. So let's see how it goes.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
This is a close to respectable total although I am not so sure if Pakistan can defend it considering Asif is not there. IMO Asif should have been there ahead of someone but again I don't know who should have been out because I would rather not drop any of the current bowlers.

If a team can defend this total, it would be Pakistan. So let's see how it goes.
I'd've dropped Rana. Supposedly useful with the bat but never really does anything. And is inferior to Asif in bowling.

AaronK

State Regular
@ Sanz.. i agree.. it is a true test of pakistani bowling line up.. i mean throughout the the tournment their bowling has been praised.. and lets see if they can prove that good.

Howsie

International Captain
Howsie,, dont give up!!

The conditions are good for batting and 230 is a par score IMO. NZ can chase this easily on this beautiful outfield. NZ are firm favorites eventhough, the last pair added some respectibility
The bowled move around at the end of the innings for us, I'm expecting Pakistan to do the same. Plus 230 is a mid-range score, we always seem to struggle chasing these types of scores.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
The bowled move around at the end of the innings for us, I'm expecting Pakistan to do the same. Plus 230 is a mid-range score, we always seem to struggle chasing these types of scores.
not this time..

ret

International Debutant
Pak finish off at 233 .... Not a great total but it gives something to their bowlers to bowl at. And you know at times chasing 230 odd could be tricky

Of the two teams, NZ is probably the more deserving one for a place in the last 4, while Pak one feels got through on the basis of one good inning by Malik against Ind. But Pak bowling has been pretty good and now it's time for them to deliver under pressure!

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
About that Umar Akmal decision. I don't blame Simon at all, that looked out in real time.

But why can't batting sides get three appeals to the third umpire? How hard would that be and it wouldn't even waste that much time.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This game will obviously be decided in the first 15 overs or so. I'm hoping against hope that NZ batsman play some aggresive shots that backfire on them.

ret

International Debutant
Watching NZ bat is fun compared to watching Pak bat [two back to back tortures for the viewers], which was like watching some Lollywood film

Too bad Asif isn't playing .... Pak needs wkts, if NZ bat for 50 overs, they win