• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Second Semi-Final: New Zealand vs. Pakistan

Howsie

International Captain
You have to wonder how Franklin took wickets over in England with this type of bowling, last time I checked he was averaging in the mid 20's in FC cricket this year.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have to wonder how Franklin took wickets over in England with this type of bowling, last time I checked he was averaging in the mid 20's in FC cricket this year.
Looks quite good to me. Plenty of bounce and carry, hits good areas. Not as fast as he has been but that's probably in recognition of his role. When the ball swings he could be very effective.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Looks quite good to me. Plenty of bounce and carry, hits good areas. Not as fast as he has been but that's probably in recognition of his role. When the ball swings he could be very effective.
Yeah. He is very good if the pitch offers something to him.

He just completed a miser over...

Howsie

International Captain
He was bowling 135+ against India so maybe you're right.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, while he's dropped heaps in pace, I think this has been a really good spell from Franklin. He's been (rightly) criticised before of being a really exaggerated version of Anderson in one day cricket - effective albeit expensive wicket taker when it swings, but absolute cannon fodder when it doesn't. There's no point having him bowl 138km/hr or so (which he's shown he can, even if not as consistently as pre-injury) if he's going to serve up half-vollies that don't move at that pace. He's been superbly accurate in this spell and, really, this is a role these days in one day cricket given he's batting 7 and bowling second change.

Raghav

Four down now. Pakistan in a lot of trouble. (Gosh I hope NZ's batters don't muck this up when it's their turn

Raghav

I hate David Llyod. New Zealand's "workman like bowling line-up" That annoys me so much when people say that.
David Lloyd takes his word back on his Twitter;; He replies to me on this

@BumbleCricket New Zealand's "workman like bowling line-up" That annoys me so much when people say that.

@BlackcapsFan yeah! Bad line...I take it back

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
David Lloyd takes his word back on his Twitter;; He replies to me on this

@BumbleCricket New Zealand's "workman like bowling line-up" That annoys me so much when people say that.

@BlackcapsFan yeah! Bad line...I take it back
:laugh: Good stuff.

GGG

State Captain
Yep that workman like erks me as well, Chappel saying SA should be pissed because man for man they are far superior to us got on my nerves as well, I did a statistical comparison of player v player and the teams looked about even to me, statistically speaking.

Howsie

International Captain
Yep that workman like erks me as well, Chappel saying SA should be pissed because man for man they are far superior to us got on my nerves as well, I did a statistical comparison of player v player and the teams looked about even to me, statistically speaking.
His cricinfo interview? He sounded like such a moron on that tbh, I hope he realises that New Zealand has a better one day attack then SA.

Howsie

International Captain
Have to say I've been relatively impressed with Umar Akmal and I can see why people have such high praise for him. For a 19 year old he seems to have a pretty decent head of his shoulders, I was expecting him to crack early on tbh when Vettori was bowling to him.

Beleg

International Regular
Obviously edged it, but a hideous shot and looked out in real time (ie the edge hardly made the ball deviate that far).
the unorthodox nature of the shot made it look far more hideous than it actually was (struck near the middle of the bat) and because he was trying to play across the line, coupled with the stroke attempted and the nature of vettori's bowling, he was adjudged out.