• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Second Semi-Final: New Zealand vs. Pakistan

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Styris to get a duck, Polo to smirk, Styris to be unjustifiably dumped forever
Yup & you can bet your bottom dollar that if/when Broom does finally make a ODI 50 after about 20 innings, Polo will say that he told us all along

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
"The one-over eliminator will be held only if the game is a tie. If the match is a washout, the team that topped it's group goes through, and in this case it's Australia/NZ. "

This is why it was so important for Pak to win that game against Aussies.........this could come back and bite us...

How is the weather looking at Jo'burg for tomorrow? Any Proteas in the house?

GGG

State Captain
"The one-over eliminator will be held only if the game is a tie. If the match is a washout, the team that topped it's group goes through, and in this case it's Australia/NZ. "

This is why it was so important for Pak to win that game against Aussies.........this could come back and bite us...

How is the weather looking at Jo'burg for tomorrow? Any Proteas in the house?
Just read its a 40% chance of rain, hope we get a full game in even if we (NZ) lose.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
As per some statistical work done by cricinfo favorites are Pak, but the way NZ has played the last 2 games there is no way Pak can walk in thinking its an easy ride. NZ still has a great bowling attack and Pak has a weak batting side....if NZ bats first and posts a good total they can really trouble Pak.

So as a Pak supporter, i hope that the wicket is a bit on the batting side, and we win the toss and bat first....if its a green top...........you know what to do....

Flem274*

123/5
If we win, it will be due to the bowling attack.

Predicting a pretty low scoring game here. Both sides easily have their bowling as their strength.

NZ need to draft ins and unsecure places (like Broom) to make at least 20s to support hundred(s) from senior-ish players like Taylor, Elliott, Guptill and (really unlikely knowing the player) McCullum.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pakistan paceman Umar Gul in new cheat probe | Mail Online

Pakistan were at the centre of another ball-tampering row after it emerged New Zealand, their opponents in today's Champions Trophy semi-final, will be monitoring their fast bowler Umar Gul following renewed whispers of sharp practice.

The Kiwis were convinced Gul had lifted the seam during a searing match-winning spell of five wickets for six runs that bowled Pakistan to victory in the World Twenty20 semis at the Brit Oval in June.

The private grumbles were never proven, but Sportsmail understands the Pakistanis were berated by match officials earlier this week after allegedly fiddling with the ball during their last-gasp loss to Australia.

A source said: 'It's very frustrating. The Pakistanis were caught messing with the ball against Australia but everyone was too scared too do anything about it. The match referee and umpires said they will be watching them like hawks in the semi, but unless an official goes public, the Pakistanis won't give a damn.'

Now New Zealand, who have played Pakistan in six one-day semi-finals and lost five of them, are considering altering their videoanalysis programme to track the path of the ball in case it begins to reverse-swing as violently as it did during the World Twenty20.

I hope there's no incident in this semifinal.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan paceman Umar Gul in new cheat probe | Mail Online

Pakistan were at the centre of another ball-tampering row after it emerged New Zealand, their opponents in today's Champions Trophy semi-final, will be monitoring their fast bowler Umar Gul following renewed whispers of sharp practice.

The Kiwis were convinced Gul had lifted the seam during a searing match-winning spell of five wickets for six runs that bowled Pakistan to victory in the World Twenty20 semis at the Brit Oval in June.

The private grumbles were never proven, but Sportsmail understands the Pakistanis were berated by match officials earlier this week after allegedly fiddling with the ball during their last-gasp loss to Australia.

A source said: 'It's very frustrating. The Pakistanis were caught messing with the ball against Australia but everyone was too scared too do anything about it. The match referee and umpires said they will be watching them like hawks in the semi, but unless an official goes public, the Pakistanis won't give a damn.'

Now New Zealand, who have played Pakistan in six one-day semi-finals and lost five of them, are considering altering their videoanalysis programme to track the path of the ball in case it begins to reverse-swing as violently as it did during the World Twenty20.

I hope there's no incident in this semifinal.
BS it is. If someone has proof, then produce it. Otherwise cowardly weasels who hide behind the "anonymous" curtain are not worth the time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I watched the highlights of that 20/20 game and only saw his wicket taking deliveries. They reversed but not violently. Perhaps the other deliveries that they didn't show on the highlights moved more.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How come Styris is no longer a fixuture in the NZ ODI set-up?
Because unlike Australia we don't know how to pick a cricket team.

One person had a theory that he has fallen under the radar of the NZ selectors by saying that he wasn't available for test matches. He also is getting long in the tooth so the selectors have been picking younger players.

But seriously though it is because our selectors suck. Hopefully with Dan a selector now things will change. But Turner is still in charge so I don't see much changing.

AaronK

State Regular
i am predicting something here.. Pakistan would beat New Zealand and Asif and Gul would destroy the NZ bating line up with figures such as this..

Asif 5-10

Gul 4-25

Vetterie would come up and accuse Asif for illigal action and gul for ball temparing..hahaha..

Flem274*

123/5
Seriosuly **** this thread if its going to turn itno a bitchiness thread tonight.

Yeah obviously the NZ team think there was something suspect in that 20/20, rightly or wrongly. But the game hasn't even started yet, lets see what happens shall we?

Because if Gul takes a wicket and comments are as follows "filthy cheat" or "stupid kiwis gonna call us cheats?" then I can't be bothered reading the thread.

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
C'mon guys, i checked that link, the site which published it, just used word SOURCES
it's fraud, it's just to creat a controversy
as far as i know newzealand, once they know last time Gul wasn't found tempering with the ball, they won't try it again, specially after getting spirit of the team award i guess, if i'm not mistaken

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Seriosuly **** this thread if its going to turn itno a bitchiness thread tonight.

Yeah obviously the NZ team think there was something suspect in that 20/20, rightly or wrongly. But the game hasn't even started yet, lets see what happens shall we?

Because if Gul takes a wicket and comments are as follows "filthy cheat" or "stupid kiwis gonna call us cheats?" then I can't be bothered reading the thread.
RIGHT!!!!!
& i don't think there would be any prob such as Ball tempering in this match, why would someone be tempering with the ball, which would already be seaming

Polo23

International Debutant
i am predicting something here.. Pakistan would beat New Zealand and Asif and Gul would destroy the NZ bating line up with figures such as this..

Asif 5-10

Gul 4-25

Vetterie would come up and accuse Asif for illigal action and gul for ball temparing..hahaha..
Nice way to turn this thread to ****.