• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** First Semi-Final: Australia vs. England

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wouldn't mind seeing Voges in for Hopes tonight, even though it's highly unlikely to happen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I had a dream last night that Luke Wright scored a double ton in this match, I'm just saying

Scaly piscine

Prior's out.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now for England to play Davies at a really stupid position.

Scaly piscine

I'm expecting England to play Davies at 6 (citing not wanting to change the batting order much), but will wait and see.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure Paine was only really a makeshift opener for Tasmania and batted most of the season at 6 or 7 last year (could be my memory failing me, though). From what I saw of him, he was more than OK down the order.

Opening for Australia is more of a case of not being able to fit him anywhere else as opposed to him needing to open due to his own style.
Bats down the order in Four Day stuff, but has opened the batting for a fair while for Tassie in the one day stuff.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Predictions???
For me Australia will win it
If Pakistan will defeat Newzealand then i want Australia to be in the Final
If Newzealand are going to beat Pakistan, then England should win this semi (that's what i want)
Final Should be Australia Vs Pakistan
or
England Vs Newzealand