• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - Australia v Pakistan (30th Sept)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe Australia just bowled well in the middle? The score when I first looked didn't look as though Pakistan weren't trying. I am only following online though.
Didn't watch it, but Pak are pretty crap in general, tbf. When we played them in the UAE this sort of total was par for them.
Hmm. Sorry, but no. There's no BOD I can give them here. When you've batted for 44 overs and only lost 4 wickets, you'll have a run-rate above 3.77 if you're trying. I wouldn't say they're throwing the game, but they don't seem to fussed whether they win it or not.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Asif was quite ordinary today....he had no intensity in his bowling......and he had almost no follow through....i don't know what has he been practicing for....??? This was not ODI level bowling......

But seriously i think OZ's bowled incredibly good............they just did not let Pakistan loose or score boundaries.......

This is going to hurt Pak because they will loose the winning momentum heading into the semi final.....Very ordinary and very shameful performance.......

pasag

RTDAS
Hmm. Sorry, but no. There's no BOD I can give them here. When you've batted for 44 overs and only lost 4 wickets, you'll have a run-rate above 3.77 if you're trying. I wouldn't say they're throwing the game, but they don't seem to fussed whether they win it or not.
Aus do it all the time :cool:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent innings from Huss it seems (y) Hopefully Ponting will get a move on though, want to go to bed!

Faisal1985

I have to agree.........this was an ordinary effort..............quite ordinary...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we should be too harsh on Pakistan, it's not always easy to win dead rubber matches when you're already through. I mean, even a demon ODI team like England didn't manage to yesterday, so it's not easy.

Faisal1985

Ponting is gone..but the damage has been done......i don't think the wicket is that unpredictable that the OZ lower/middle order would collapse to spin.

pup11

International Coach
They batted pretty much in the same manner against us almost right through the ODI series in UAE recently, so its not the first time they have batted like this.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They batted pretty much in the same manner against us almost right through the ODI series in UAE recently, so its not the first time they have batted like this.
No they didn't, you're making things up.

Faisal1985

^ Its not gonna happen...another 2 overs from Afridi left...and 5 of Ajmal....and then....the only rare hope could be Gul if he finds any reverse....but i doubt it............they have only managed to slow down the runrate a little bit nothing more then that.........i think YK should have brough on Afridi and Ajmal when OZ's lost 2 quick wickets........that was the only time they could have attacked.....Rana tried to contain and went for runs...and Afridi could not take wickets because Rana was leaking too many runs......now its a bit too late and a HUGE miracle can turn things around..

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
wow.. what a performance by Pakistan.. it seems like Younis has cute a deal with Rick Pointing...damn damn...

Faisal1985

Last 5 ovs 14/1 RR 2.80

Spinners are doing a great job..........this is like 2nd or third 5 over spell by spinners in which OZ's averaged less then 3.........

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done Huss - great to see him getting some runs again - thought he was utterly shot at the end of the Ashes.

Faisal1985

wow.. what a performance by Pakistan.. it seems like Younis has cute a deal with Rick Pointing...damn damn...
:laugh: This is what you get when you refuse Pak players from IPL contracts..........They make their money else where.......and hey its Karma this time around....its gonna hurt India :laugh:

Faisal1985

BTW....Ferguson gone.................if Afridi can perhaps take one more in his last....its Game On at Centurion....