• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - Australia v Pakistan (30th Sept)

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
If Pakistan are going to tank this, and quite frankly it seems blatantly obvious to me they are, they should at least try to make it look like they're having a go. That's disgraceful stuff. Almost feel sorry for the commentators having to try and keep straight faces as they note how well we bowled in keeping the run rate down.

If they're going to do this, they'd be better off having a massive mow across the line and getting bowled out in 35 overs, rather than nick and nudge their way around like that.

Mind you, if we come out and can't get the ball off the square either, I will take it all back :ph34r:

In fact, I'd like to see our blokes contrive a tie, so even if India win they miss out by a solitary point (if I've got the tables right).
100000000000000000000000000000% agreed
shameful & shameless
i guess they will lose semi finals too

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Lol wat at Pakistan approach.
Not to start a flame but India and Pakistan can say whatever they like to the media,that they don' dislike the other team but deep down they know that ain't the case.
Pakistan and Indian cricket teams have always disliked each other.
We all know it,its just that the last few Indo Pak captains have tried being diplomatic.
like or dislike, they are paid to play every match for a win
**** them

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry if I offended any Pakistani posters on here, that wasn't my intention. It was simply my observations on how this game was panning out. Dire.

Stapel

International Regular
Even if the Aussies manage to fail to reach 205 runs, India will be out of it. Unless they beat WI really, really big!

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Australia will fancy chasing this down, but Pakistan have a good bowling attack. Will Mohammad Asif be able to pull off something special on his comeback? There's also the spin duo of Ajmal and Afridi, so it should be interesting. Let's wait and see. Join us in sometime for the chase..:laugh:

Cricinfo trying hard :happy:. BTW disgraceful. Not a good advert for an ODI game :@

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i have seen Srilanka & India playing fixed matches in last two Asia Cups
on both occasions Srilanks lost to india & Pakistan were out of the tournament & in Final Srilanka beat India easily

Xuhaib

International Coach
Dig a hole for others, you will fall in it
i hope Pitch is really a difficult one
yeah we don't know maybe they are being tactical might want to face NZL or it could be a difficult pitch to bat on but yes did not look nice at all.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
yeah we don't know maybe they are being tactical might want to face NZL or it could be a difficult pitch to bat on but yes did not look nice at all.
why i'm worried is that if we lose semi final(hopefully we don't) People will say they took money to lose matches

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i have seen Srilanka & India playing fixed matches in last two Asia Cups
on both occasions Srilanks lost to india & Pakistan were out of the tournament & in Final Srilanka beat India easily
That's not a fixed match though. A fixed match, to me at least, implies that you're fixing it for sinister reasons (ie. money), whereas if Pakistan have deliberately turned in a below-par performance here, it's more just making a strategic decision, albeit unsportingly, based on the set-up of the tournament. There's definitely a difference.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Fixed doesn't mean that u take money to lose
but every team should do it's best to win every game

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe Australia just bowled well in the middle? The score when I first looked didn't look as though Pakistan weren't trying. I am only following online though.

Anyway, I hope Australia win and get through. They were most likely going to beat India before it rained so it seems only fair. :)

thierry henry

International Coach
That's not a fixed match though. A fixed match, to me at least, implies that you're fixing it for sinister reasons (ie. money), whereas if Pakistan have deliberately turned in a below-par performance here, it's more just making a strategic decision, albeit unsportingly, based on the set-up of the tournament. There's definitely a difference.
It can be for both reasons

Also, according to the laws of the game I believe throwing a match is throwing a match

pasag

RTDAS
Didn't watch it, but Pak are pretty crap in general, tbf. When we played them in the UAE this sort of total was par for them.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Didn't watch it, but Pak are pretty crap in general, tbf. When we played them in the UAE this sort of total was par for them.
c'mon, this Australian team can't beat Pakistan on a spinning pitch, Australians might have bowled good, but it wasn't great bowling, they were not batting with any intend

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
c'mon, this Australian team can't beat Pakistan on a spinning pitch, Australians might have bowled good, but it wasn't great bowling, they were not batting with any intend
It span in the UAE didn't it? At least Afridi and Ajmal both took wickets, but Australia still won the series.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh a friend texted me bringing up match f***ng. Before then I just thought it was probing bowling on a touch pitch causing the problems.

However, after he mentioned it, things started to look real dodgy to me, especially the horrible "effort" in the powerplay, and Misbah's dismissal was the real icing on the cake of dubiousness.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shows how little I follow these sort of ODI tourneys, but can someone possibly tell me how the **** Md. Asif is eligible to play for Pakistan anytime before about 2012?