• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - South Africa v England (27th Sept)

James

Cricket Web Owner
To make it easier for discussion, as suggested by Pratters I've created this thread for discussion on today's South Africa v England match.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
if Newzealand somehow beat Srilanka & South Africa beat England, Srilanka will be out & Neazealand VS ENG will be a quater final
But If Eng beat South Africa, it will surely make them go through to the semi's
either way atleast i'll be happy
cuz when CRICKET is always good when ENGLAND doing well

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of the stranger scenarios would be if England win and NZ beat SL (looks in the balance at the moment).

That would leave the possibility of 3 teams being tied on 1 win. New Zealand would have the advantage of knowing what margin of defeat against England would allow them to qualify.

Probably won't happen, but you never know.

Can't see England's batsmen fluking another decent performance today personally.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
NZ will win in all probabililty and England will lose in all probability. New Zealand v England set to be a knock out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Never even knew Morgan kept, tbh. Would've assumed Colly was back up stumper.

Bopara for Prior is about an even swap batting wise, for me. Probably weakens it v slightly, if anything.

EDIT: Nass making reasonable point we'd miss Colly's bowling if he kept. Hadn't considered that.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Morgan's kept for Ireland before. Not what you'd call a wicket keeper but, unlike Collingwood, actually seems to have done it before at lower levels.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Once for Ireland & twice for Middlesex 2nds, if CricketArchive is to be believed.
What I find odd is that he actually has one First Class stumping to his name, but hasn't been the designated wicket-keeper for a First Class match before. I can only assume he took over the gloves mid-game once as a result of the designated gloveman being injured.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What I find odd is that he actually has one First Class stumping to his name, but hasn't been the designated wicket-keeper for a First Class match before. I can only assume he took over the gloves mid-game once as a result of a designated gloveman being injured.
Life is full of these complex mysteries