• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - South Africa v England (27th Sept)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think if Strauss wasn't skipper he'd have taken the gloves, am sure he was our reserve WK for the last WC

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't think this is actually on Foxtel at all. Don't know why they don't just do what they did yesterday and run the replay straight after the first game. Disappointing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What I find odd is that he actually has one First Class stumping to his name, but hasn't been the designated wicket-keeper for a First Class match before. I can only assume he took over the gloves mid-game once as a result of the designated gloveman being injured.
CricketArchive knows all.

Ironically the bowler was David Nash, who was Middlesex's keeper for the game. It looks like it was petering out to a draw and they were having a bit of fun when he took over.

Shocker from Steyn first up, but second ball bang on target.

Briony

International Debutant
Foxtel will probably show a replay tomorrow but they obviously think we prefer to watch our cousins across the water.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When these sides met in the World T20, South Africa put in what was possibly the best all-round performance in the field I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like happening to day from the first few overs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Picked England to upset South Africa at the start of the tournament. Have a feeling England might have used up their upset on Sri Lanka now though, so will have to pick South Africa for this.

Edit: Of course it would be far more amusing if South Africa choked and were knocked out :ph34r:. Would serve them right for all that "it's destiny" talk.

Last edited:

Briony

International Debutant
Yes on the evidence of this tournament to date they have declined a bit as a ODI team.

Protean

State Regular
Everyone who keeps using the C word: expand your vocabulary FFS. At least be creative about it if you feel the need to bring us down.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've heard loads of words used to describe Graeme Smith, to be fair. Some of which are indeed c-words.