• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Athlai

Not Terrible
When we have lost the toss and been put into bat our top scores since 2005 are:
324/6 vs. WI
275/4 vs. WI
274/7 vs. Pak
266/5 vs. Eng
248/6 vs. SA
243/9 vs. SA
234/9 vs. Eng
233 vs. Australia

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Newzealand are 5 down now, i thought they were going to score 300
but now it's impossible i think
Not impossible, depends on who bowls really. Getting just over 100 in the last 15 overs is nothing particularly with a batting powerplay. The range of scores is very big from here. NZ could get bundled out for 220 or get 310-6.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm still disgusted by the collapse, but this partnership isn't the worst - 33 at a run a ball.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Not impossible, depends on who bowls really. Getting just over 100 in the last 15 overs is nothing particularly with a batting powerplay. The range of scores is very big from here. NZ could get bundled out for 220 or get 310-6.
no when i posted it was 161-5 that's why i said, but now it is looking good for newzealand
if newzealand beat Srilanks, then Eng & Newzealand have a chance of reaching semi's

Athlai

Not Terrible
Too right, really depends on how the next two partnerships go, if they can last till the 48th or so over then we could still think about passing 300.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Thanks to Ryder, New Zealand are still in a very, very strong position here.
Not as strong as you are suggesting, considering who is still to come in both batting and the bowling departments.

I really want keeper cam - that would way of viewing the lines a bowler if bowling.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The more I see Guptill, the more I am assured that he is an international class batsman.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not as strong as you are suggesting, considering who is still to come in both batting and the bowling departments.
I think it's the strongest bowling attack we've had in an ODI in a long time.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, but well done to Vettori. And Guptill for reining himself in.

Given what happened last time we were 6 down I'm not going to relax until we get 250 at least. Yes Franklin is a lot better than Hopkins but it can't be easy flying halfway across the world to fill in.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Damn, but well done to Vettori. And Guptill for reining himself in.

Given what happened last time we were 6 down I'm not going to relax until we get 250 at least. Yes Franklin is a lot better than Hopkins but it can't be easy flying halfway across the world to fill in.
Ooooo, you're on 666 posts :laugh: