• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was referring to how Ryder has played about the same as Guppy and Elliott yet was an established batsman.
Ok. Ryder averages almost 50 in tests too. So he has proven that he is an international class batsman, to me at least. It is too soon to call the other two proven yet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes they are Ryder, Taylor and Guptill.

Half of our team are the future stars, our problem is we have no veterans.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a Bracewell idea. Though Bracewell let him play his natural game, Moles has told him to be a classic OD opener and has had pretty moderate success. I mean we get frustrated but 40 is better than 0. Would prefer him to play his natural game though
40 isn't necessarily better than 0 when it comes off 70 balls and a good score is 300. But more importantly, he's not actually scoring any more runs than he did when he batted aggressively. He's just taking more time to score them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
40 isn't necessarily better than 0 when it comes off 70 balls and a good score is 300. But more importantly, he's not actually scoring any more runs than he did when he batted aggressively. He's just taking more time to score them.
A good score on this pitch is 250.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good stuff from Sanga there. Why bother going to the third umpire when he said it wasn't out? Waste of time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Which is down to the selectors really who seem to refuse to pick batsmen who are older than 30.
Well to be fair to them McMillan and Fleming gapped a bit early. Oram gets picked despite the fact he has become rubbish, Styris is the only veteran who would be hard done by. But even he has lost a bit (though Oram has lost far more). Reckon he could still average 32-5 and anchor the middle of our innings. Though so does Elliott kind of.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Good stuff from Sanga there. Why bother going to the third umpire when he said it wasn't out? Waste of time.
Cementing himself as one of the most awesome cricketers. Though he does seem to have a few issues with some Pakistani players for some reason.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If we bat out the overs we should be looking at 240 at the very very least.

Somewhere around 260 would be ideal.

99*

International Debutant
Wish I could say I'm shocked at what's happened since I stopped watching, but tttt I expected it.

kingkallis

International Coach
15 off the over - very good one!

Dan is the champ, its a pity he doesnt get the support from other members!

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Newzealand are 5 down now, i thought they were going to score 300
but now it's impossible i think