• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

kingkallis

International Coach
Ryder is out of the competition! He has pulled his left abductor muscle. If NZ progress to the semis then they will call up a replacement,otherwise obviously they will not.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
New Zealand-making the impossible possible.:cool:

Sadly, we include failing in that too. But not today.

The first few pages of this thread are quite funny actualy. :p

Hoping we don't get on the receiving end of an SL top four special.
Cricinfo is such a bore to read. Most of the innings they were talking about the BC's bottling it and being the masters of the mid-order collapse and who would win between England and the BC's when it came these things.

They are such wankers on that site.

thierry henry

International Coach
missed it, what happened?
We were 160-something for 5 and in the midst of an epic collapse, Vettori would've been run out by a metre but Sanga dropped the ball in whipping the bails off.....Vettori and Guptill ended up putting on 70-odd at a run a ball, and then we piled on 90 in the last 10 overs.

Really think being 160-odd for 6 and losing Vettori at that stage would've killed us.

Flem274*

123/5
Cricinfo is such a bore to read. Most of the innings they were talking about the BC's bottling it and being the masters of the mid-order collapse and who would win between England and the BC's when it came these things.

They are such wankers on that site.
I treat it as mild amusement whenever they trot out the old cliches. Its not worth getting worked up over, I just set up camp on here.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We were 160-something for 5 and in the midst of an epic collapse, Vettori would've been run out by a metre but Sanga dropped the ball in whipping the bails off.....Vettori and Guptill ended up putting on 70-odd at a run a ball, and then we piled on 90 in the last 10 overs.

Really think being 160-odd for 6 and losing Vettori at that stage would've killed us.
Think 100 is a bit overkill.

Almost certainly 70 though.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Not impossible, depends on who bowls really. Getting just over 100 in the last 15 overs is nothing particularly with a batting powerplay. The range of scores is very big from here. NZ could get bundled out for 220 or get 310-6.
Scarily accurate. :-O

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fulton or Styris IMO.

Guppy, Baz, Taylor, Elliott are all fine. Broom will get a chance at 5 vs. England it looks like.
Wouldn't mind Fulton or Styris truth be told, but get the feeling the selectors want to move-on from Styris

thierry henry

International Coach
I think this is the first time I've actually commented on this, but for a while now I've been concerned with the way Mills "appeals". Basically when he thinks it's out (and he seems to be a terrible judge) he goes charging down the pitch celebrating and doesn't even turn to the umpire. Poor form.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I think this is the first time I've actually commented on this, but for a while now I've been concerned with the way Mills "appeals". Basically when he thinks it's out (and he seems to be a terrible judge) he goes charging down the pitch celebrating and doesn't even turn to the umpire. Poor form.
Yeah I definitely think you are on to something.