• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - NZ v Sri Lanka (27th Sept)

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Agree completely. All I ask for is one grafter in the top 4 to provide balance.
Yep - McCullum simply does not work at the top, well not at the moment. Elliot is playing his role very well and when Taylor can find form again, which perhaps will coincide with him finding a new scoring shot, then the middle order will look a lot better.

Flem274*

123/5
Newzealand are 5 down now, i thought they were going to score 300
but now it's impossible i think
New Zealand-making the impossible possible.:cool:

Sadly, we include failing in that too. But not today.

The first few pages of this thread are quite funny actualy. :p

Hoping we don't get on the receiving end of an SL top four special.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe we should open the bowling with Tuffey to see if he can work his first-over magic again.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Awesome late order batting, fantastic to see Franklin come into the team and bat like he did :)

Why did this game have to be on a Sunday night and not a Saturday night! NO FAIR! Heading to bed because of work tomorrow and having to be up early to update CW Fantasy Cricket :(

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm. I'd say you want at least two or three players in the side who aren't necessarily grafters, but who have the ability to play that role when necessary. Guptill did a great job of it today, tbh.
Two or three yes, but for us I think only one in the top 3*. Then Elliott at 5, with Vettori to rescue us with some grafting like today if necessary (ie. bat 7 or 8 or 9 depending on circumstance).

Also, Broom has crossed the "go back to domestic cricket" boundary for me today. Enough chances now - yes he would ideally be batting at 4 or 5 but those spots are taken, so tough luck. Will have one more chance to redeem himself against England though.

Edit: * Just not sure who could/ should perform this role

Last edited:

_Ed_

Also, Broom has crossed the "go back to domestic cricket" boundary for me today. Enough chances now - yes he would ideally be batting at 4 or 5 but those spots are taken, so tough luck. Will have one more chance to redeem himself against England though.
Agree completely.

Expect him to make a scratchy 30 against England though and be retained.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Expect him to make a scratchy 30 against England though and be retained.
I'd say McGlashan in for Hopkins (squad wise) and Styris in for Broom and we've got the squad absolutely spot on.

Edit - hang on. Oram in for Diamanti as well actually.

Franklin seemingly could keep Oram out of the starting eleven when he's fit again too.

Will be interesting to see how Broom goes in the Champions League which starts 5 days after the Champions Trophy.

Last edited:

_Ed_

I should really be working on a presentation I have to do tomorrow (well, today now...). But it's just a summary of my essay, so a haphazard copy/paste job and some improvisation should do the trick.