• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka Squad for CT

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan Squad for Champions Trophy in South Africa

Sanath Jayasuriya
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Kumar Sangakkara (capt)
Mahela Jayawardene
Thilan Samaraweera
Thilina Kandamby
Angelo Mathews
Thilan Thushara
Nuwan Kulasekara / Ajantha Mendis
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

Upul Tharanga
Chamara Kapugedera
Ajantha Mendis / Nuwan Kulasekara
Dammika Prasad

Lostman

State Captain
Dont understand the dropping of Maharoof.
He is not test standard, but he should at least be in the squad for ODI and 20/20.
I really thought his bowling in ODI's were improving as well, and another plus for him is that he is a useful hitter at number 8/9.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I am looking forward to Sanath and Mathews..........2 great players to watch.........to me Mahela is becoming a bit iffy........

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Maharoof has some injury and is unable to bowl. The only question I have is over Upul Tharanga. Nuwan Zoysa would have added a lot more with bowling and batting to the side.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Sri Lankan Squad for Champions Trophy in South Africa

Sanath Jayasuriya
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Kumar Sangakkara (capt)
Mahela Jayawardene
Thilan Samaraweera
Thilina Kandamby
Angelo Mathews
Thilan Thushara
Nuwan Kulasekara / Ajantha Mendis
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

Upul Tharanga
Chamara Kapugedera
Ajantha Mendis / Nuwan Kulasekara
Dammika Prasad
i would call this a dangerous Xl

Lostman

State Captain
Maharoof has some injury and is unable to bowl. The only question I have is over Upul Tharanga. Nuwan Zoysa would have added a lot more with bowling and batting to the side.
Ah thanks, didn't know that maharoof has some kind of injury.
Prasad seems an interesting choice though, doubt he would get a game with the way kulasekera, thushara and malinga have been bowling.

Agree about tharanga. He has the worst technique ever. He just plays and misses ball after ball. Never looks settled and just puts the batsmen at the other end under loads of pressure. And the only way he can rotate the strike is by an edge to thirdman.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a funny feeling that Prasad is going to be more of a threat against India and Pakistan because of his ultra-aggressive style. He is not the paciest, but Ihe would definietly cross 90mph in SAF.