Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The main reason I'm looking forward to this tournament

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Agree with the OP.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    I know the tournament gets a lot of slack as a money hungry venture only existing to fill the ICC coffers. That aisde, the past one was one of my favourite tournaments and the best thing about it is the lack of minnows.

However, the best thing about it will be the settling for now, hopefully, who is the number 1 side in the world (a fully fit India, IMO), how far Australia have fallen and generally seperating the boys from the men with a heap of congested sides that are pretty equal on paper. It comes at a great time where the cricket foodchain is a bit unclear and hopefully we'll see many questions answered.

Happy to be the only person in the world watching, tbh.

Wouldn't you consider a second choice WI a minnow....???
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    TBH, I'm sick of watching the nth major tournament being hosted in South Africa. Nothing personal, but surely the 7 other nations could pull up their socks and do some serious talking at the ICC meetings? When was the last time Australia or New Zealand hosted a major tournament?
    May be its because a lot of South Asian's can afford to go to SA but not Australia and NZ. Hence, the ICC is making more revenue and SA might have better crowds then Australia or NZ.....don't know the numbers...but that would be a logical reason....WI was a disaster during 2007 WC.....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    May be its because a lot of South Asian's can afford to go to SA but not Australia and NZ. Hence, the ICC is making more revenue and SA might have better crowds then Australia or NZ.....don't know the numbers...but that would be a logical reason....WI was a disaster during 2007 WC.....
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering Australian crowds are always pretty good, and that Australia really isn't that far from the subcontinent.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing how the PR hacks back-track now that Oz is once again the No.1 ODI team in the world and not SA

i'm looking forward for this tournament is cuz we don't get to watch Pakistan play
    so it's so exciting

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The main reason I'm looking forward to this tournament is because England have to try and play Ajantha Mendis.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    The main reason I'm looking forward to this tournament is because England have to try and play Ajantha Mendis.
    Nah we have Strauss and his reverse sweep, Shah and his wristy flicks and supposedly Morgan's super unorothodox technique as well as a nudger and nurdler in the shape of Collingwood. We'll do fine

Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    Nah.

SA is a much tougher market for games than a few other countries. Tickets are cheaper and games less well attended. However from a commercial perspective a huge proportion of the revenue will be coming from TV anyway - both day and day/night games are pretty good times for the Asian market.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Nah we have Strauss and his reverse sweep, Shah and his wristy flicks and supposedly Morgan's super unorothodox technique as well as a nudger and nurdler in the shape of Collingwood. We'll do fine
    Wow.. Jest turned into reality there..

Try more such posts, mate.

Am quite enjoying the tournament, it's nice to see the big guns (SA, SL and India) all get beaten so early on, and even nicer to see England win a game for once.

I hope there are more pitches like the one we saw for the England game at the Wanderers, cricket is so much more enjoyable when the bowlers are able to test the batsmen.

Not enjoying this tournament at all. Lack of audio and vision will do that to you.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

I have watched all I could have till now. Enjoying it tremendously. You are not getting coverage, Zac? I don't notice you in the match threads at all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    It's not on free to air TV here. My college has Foxtel so I've caught some of the games so far, but I'm going back home for the next two weeks (holidays) today, so will only have Cricinfo

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information