Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Indies squad for ICC Champions Trophy

West Indies squad for ICC Champions Trophy

Floyd Reifer (Captain), Darren Sammy (Vice Captain), David Bernard, Tino Best, Royston Crandon, Travis Dowlin, Andre Fletcher, Nikita Miller, Daren Powell, Kieran Powell, Dale Richards, Kemar Roach, Devon Smith, Gavin Tonge, Chadwick Walton.

Needless to say it's absolutely appalling. The players in bold are particularly rubbish IMHO. Imagine all Kemar Roach has for fast bowling support is Tino 'mind the windows' Best and Darren 'headless' Powell.

West Indies fans still interested in the performance of this team (which is not many lets face it) can only hope for individuals to make their mark and give us a few positives as there are too many poor players in this squad to enable us to be competitive. The only way West Indies cricket will gain anything from this is if a few of the replacements prove to be up to the mark, like Roach, Bernard and Dowlin were against Bangladesh. They can then merge with our proper cricketers and we will be back on track..............

And then I woke up......................

Reifer.

It will be an achievement of some measure just competing, let alone nicking s win.

Shame the ICC didn't throw them out and get the Bangla Boys in instead. Or at least threatened them into picking a full squad. Commercially having a weakened Windies isn't good for the ICC. At least with Bangladesh, you get a greater viewing audience.

Ah but that would require common sense, something we all know cricket administrators don't have.....

The ICC just sits back while the WICB shoots itself in the foot over and over.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Will be interesting to see how they go.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

I thought the WI players ended the strike? if so why they weren't picked?

I thought the WI players ended the strike? if so why they weren't picked?
    The WICB is playing hard ball and sticking with the replacement players that lost to Bangladesh.

The senior players have been told to play our regional one day tournament in October and also to 'show their commitment to West indies cricket' to be eligible for selection. Happy days.........

Aside from losing every game, hopefully a few guys like Roach, Fletcher, Sammy and possibly Bernard and Dowlin can get themselves on the Australian tour.

Only Roach TBH.

Fletcher should tour for the ODI/20/20's. Windies need to forget about Ramdin keeping in that format and loitering the lower order. Fletcher is still a mere slogger but if him and Gayle come off, it will be game, set and nearly match.

Dowlin can't be dropped if he contributes, same goes for Sammy and Bernard. Good opportunity for the players, especially as Sammy's and Bernard's competition for the non Bravo all-rounder role is Pollard.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Fletcher should tour for the ODI/20/20's. Windies need to forget about Ramdin keeping in that format and loitering the lower order. Fletcher is still a mere slogger but if him and Gayle come off, it will be game, set and nearly match.

Dowlin can't be dropped if he contributes, same goes for Sammy and Bernard. Good opportunity for the players, especially as Sammy's and Bernard's competition for the non Bravo all-rounder role is Pollard.
    Roach is the only one who I can see being World Class and having a fruitful international career.

Dowlin hasn't done anything wrong as you said so he may get to tour Australia if he has a half decent ICCCT. Sammy was very good in the tests against Bangladesh and has 3 5 wicket hauls after 7 matches so he will almost definitely tour Australia. I agree Fletcher has a chance as a ODI/2020 opener but tbh I would prefer a proper opener like Barath to be given the position with Fletcher coming in as a late over slugger

Banned
    As a die-hard WI fan who's followed the fortunes of the team for the past two and a half decades, I can safely say that this is the first series I really don't give a damn about....

Any WI team that doesn't include the majority of the following players is one I won't watch:

Shiv Chanderpaul
    Chris Gayle
    Ronnie Sarwan
    Dwayne Bravo
    Denesh Ramdin
    Jerome taylor
    Fidel Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    As a die-hard WI fan who's followed the fortunes of the team for the past two and a half decades, I can safely say that this is the first series I really don't give a damn about....

Any WI team that doesn't include the majority of the following players is one I won't watch:

Shiv Chanderpaul
    Chris Gayle
    Ronnie Sarwan
    Dwayne Bravo
    Denesh Ramdin
    Jerome taylor
    Fidel Edwards
    Word..........

Though I plan to watch them throughout this tournament, in a detached way, looking at individual performances and who I think can play alongside the players you listed.

That way I can look forward to the tour of Australia without letting the inevitable thrashings during this tournament get me down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    Word..........

Though I plan to watch them throughout this tournament, in a detached way, looking at individual performances and who I think can play alongside the players you listed.

That way I can look forward to the tour of Australia without letting the inevitable thrashings during this tournament get me down.

You make a very important point there....

Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post

Shiv Chanderpaul
    Chris Gayle
    Ronnie Sarwan
    Dwayne Bravo
    Denesh Ramdin
    Jerome taylor
    Fidel Edwards
    same were my feelings after 2003 cricket world cup

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Naumaan View Post
    same were my feelings after 2003 cricket world cup
    And whatever happened to Wavell Hinds? Surely he's still better than Devon Smith!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information