• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani squad for ICC Champions trophy

Xuhaib

International Coach
We will have to see how effective Asif would be after his come back. A bit early to make a judgment atm, imo .... But yeah on paper, the attack looks good
Drugs issue, a career threatening elbow injury and lack of any competitive cricket for 2 years could essentially mean a bridge too far for Asif and add to all that he is a bit empty in the upper drawer. It would be a massive miracle if he could mantain the same level of effectivness as he showed earlier on.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Drugs issue, a career threatening elbow injury and lack of any competitive cricket for 2 years could essentially mean a bridge too far for Asif and add to all that he is a bit empty in the upper drawer. It would be a massive miracle if he could mantain the same level of effectivness as he showed earlier on.
Haha, pretty much spot on. Will still be watching him closely.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
NZ > Pakistan

Bond is the best seamer from either team
Mills is their equal in ODI cricket
Vettori is probably the best one day bowler in the world right now
Tuffey (= best attack easy) Butler (= well there could be a bit of a chink in the armor)
Oram is one of the best 5th bowling options in the world
oh c'mon, Pakistan has a better bowling attack

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
My gut feeling Asif will find form right away.................there is no reason why they would pick Rana and not Asif....there is no reason why they would still opt for Misbah in the middle.....

My XI

Nazir
Akmal
Younis
Mo Yo
Malik
Umer
Afridi
Rana (i would have loved to see Razzaq here btw)
Ajmal
Aamir/Asif (Depending on how Aamir performs, he still young so over reliance on him could cost em).
Gul

Had they brought Razzaq, this would have been a very balanced side....
i hope so but that doesn't look like happening, & what i think Pakistan will not play Asif, that's what my gut feelings say

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

.........and then you will admit that indeed it was "totally" unpredictable right? lol

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
I was talkin tests.................but wish ya lads best of luck.... :)
They're gonna need all the luck they can possibly gather :laugh:

Pakistan will be the 2nd team I support behind NZ, considering the rabble England has had to hastily put together and the West Indies' stubbornness :happy: