Cricket Player Manager
Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1242

Thread: *Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

  1. #1051
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    god this is torture.

  2. #1052
    State Captain Stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,959
    Fun game! Both teams are through,...... and messing up.......

  3. #1053
    International Regular JBH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,245
    Sweet.

  4. #1054
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    whew, please no more Hopkins! fly in Chris Martin to take his place as a batsman if we must.


  5. #1055
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    so since they topped the group.. are they going to face pakistan in Semis?

  6. #1056
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,488
    Incidentally, haven't heard much from the Broom fans that were singing his praises when he scored that one innings in a warm-up game. Still looks a long way off the pace at international level (& not just today) for me. How NZ could use the experience of Pig-man Styris in the middle order right now, our is middle-order looks fragile as glass at the moment. Ridiculous that we don't appear to need him, he was our best ODI batsman just 18 months ago.
    Last edited by Zinzan; 29-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.

  7. #1057
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    the losser of Pak v Aussie game I guess, unless Pak loss and India thrash WI by some margin., then India. Would rather we played Aussie in the semi.

  8. #1058
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Incidentally, haven't heard much from the Broom fans that were singing his praises when he scored that one innings in a warm-up game. Still looks a long way off the pace at international level (& not just today) for me. How NZ could use the experience of Pig-man Styris in the middle order right now, our is middle-order looks fragile as glass at the moment. Ridiculous that we don't need Styris, he was our best ODI batsman just 18 months ago.
    Nope, never been a fan, Pigman should of been there from the start, how the selectors could say Diamantri is better than him I will never know.

  9. #1059
    State Regular AaronK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    cricket world
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    the losser of Pak v Aussie game I guess, unless Pak loss and India thrash WI by some margin., then India. Would rather we played Aussie in the semi.
    What? so if Pakistan loses and India wins.. India is through to Semis.. you got wrong mate.. Pakistan is already in semis..if Aus loses and india wins by a big margin.. india might make it to Semis..and Aus have to Pack and go home..

  10. #1060
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    What? so if Pakistan loses and India wins.. India is through to Semis.. you got wrong mate.. Pakistan is already in semis..if Aus loses and india wins by a big margin.. india might make it to Semis..and Aus have to Pack and go home..
    Sorry you are right, If Aussie loss and India thrash WI then India through, if Aussie win they are 1st and Pakistan 2nd

  11. #1061
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,488
    Good win by NZ, but really can't see them winning the semi without Ryder, Oram & Tuffey....too many average players in the side to hide against a top class team like Pakistan, India or Aust.

    That said, nice to see NZ now have a 35-29 win loss record against England in ODI's

  12. #1062
    GGG
    GGG is offline
    International 12th Man GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Malta, New Zealand.
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12 View Post
    Good win by NZ, but really can't see them winning the semi without Ryder, Oram & Tuffey....too many average players in the side to hide against a top class team like Pakistan, India or Aust.

    That said, nice to see NZ now have a 35-29 win loss record against England in ODI's
    I think Butler and Franklin are pretty good replacements, on form Franklin blows Oram away, its Ryder that is the massive loss.

  13. #1063
    International Coach Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    11,488
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I think Butler and Franklin are pretty good replacements, on form Franklin blows Oram away, its Ryder that is the massive loss.
    Franklin has better form with the bat yes, but Oram's always been a better ODI bowler than Franklin imo. Ideally I'd have both in this current side instead of Hoplesskins. I rate Tuffey slightly ahead of Butler because of his experience & craftiness. You're right though that Ryder is the major loss.

  14. #1064
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Welldone to NZ Team. Performing in a tournament that matters.

  15. #1065
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    Robert Croft - "some of the players [in the New Zealand ODI team] wouldn't make it into county teams".

    Shut up.
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 717
    Last Post: 23-09-2007, 06:36 AM
  2. GROUP A -South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh
    By JASON in forum Twenty20 World Cup
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 17-09-2007, 05:39 AM
  3. Replies: 261
    Last Post: 29-08-2006, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •