• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You have to earn your runs on this pitch from the first over. The game''s not over yet.
Oh I think it is now :laugh:

I suppose if we are going to revert to village green mode we might as well do it in a dead rubber from our pov, but even so this has been a shocker.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep this is where batting second is a big help, just have a go and a bit of jam (or in NZ's case a ****ing tanker full of it) and you're practically there.

Hopefully in the knockout rounds there'll be international standard pitches.

GGG

State Captain
whew, please no more Hopkins! fly in Chris Martin to take his place as a batsman if we must.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incidentally, haven't heard much from the Broom fans that were singing his praises when he scored that one innings in a warm-up game. Still looks a long way off the pace at international level (& not just today) for me. How NZ could use the experience of Pig-man Styris in the middle order right now, our is middle-order looks fragile as glass at the moment. Ridiculous that we don't appear to need him, he was our best ODI batsman just 18 months ago.

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
the losser of Pak v Aussie game I guess, unless Pak loss and India thrash WI by some margin., then India. Would rather we played Aussie in the semi.

GGG

State Captain
Incidentally, haven't heard much from the Broom fans that were singing his praises when he scored that one innings in a warm-up game. Still looks a long way off the pace at international level (& not just today) for me. How NZ could use the experience of Pig-man Styris in the middle order right now, our is middle-order looks fragile as glass at the moment. Ridiculous that we don't need Styris, he was our best ODI batsman just 18 months ago.
Nope, never been a fan, Pigman should of been there from the start, how the selectors could say Diamantri is better than him I will never know.

AaronK

State Regular
the losser of Pak v Aussie game I guess, unless Pak loss and India thrash WI by some margin., then India. Would rather we played Aussie in the semi.
What? so if Pakistan loses and India wins.. India is through to Semis.. you got wrong mate.. Pakistan is already in semis..if Aus loses and india wins by a big margin.. india might make it to Semis..and Aus have to Pack and go home..

GGG

State Captain
What? so if Pakistan loses and India wins.. India is through to Semis.. you got wrong mate.. Pakistan is already in semis..if Aus loses and india wins by a big margin.. india might make it to Semis..and Aus have to Pack and go home..
Sorry you are right, If Aussie loss and India thrash WI then India through, if Aussie win they are 1st and Pakistan 2nd