• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you wished to criticise Colly for hypocrisy over that you could much more easily criticise Vettori for hypocrisy if he hadn't withdrawn the appeal considering how strongly he insisted that Colly had not done the right thing in the aftermath of the Elliot incident.

Zinzan

Forgetting about England's main seamers for a moment, I reckon Collingwood himself will be a handful on this track

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure what that says about SL & SA tbh
Well Sri Lanka are a dark horse side, they're not in the mould of a real top dominant type side. Murali was off it and the pitches didn't really favour the spinners.

South Africa just didn't perform, but that's nothing new.

Heh @ England taking the batting powerplay

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
SL and SA had a poor tournament, but I don't think you can judge them on this alone. You'd still say they're two very good sides.

Think Nick Knight was just saying that Anderson and Sidebottom have spent more time in the batting powerplay than anyone else or did I miss hear?

Stapel

International Regular
Is the wicket really so full of life thta is has become a random batsman's graveyard? If so, what would be a par score?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is the wicket really so full of life thta is has become a random batsman's graveyard? If so, what would be a par score?
That's the big question.

It could be that if you mix in defence and attack that you could make small cameos that would actually be a good contribution on this pitch.

Anyway beginning to understand why they have some very extreme games in SA domestic cricket...

Zinzan

That's the big question.

It could be that if you mix in defence and attack that you could make small cameos that would actually be a good contribution on this pitch.

Nah, I think England have enough now, can so see our batting crumbling all out for around 130

AaronK

State Regular
wtf is wrong with vettori?

Poor Grant Elliott bowled so well.. he deserved a 5er.. instead he was removed from bowling..

AaronK

State Regular
the only way they can chase down this target is if they play aggrassive cricket...just go nuts and hit 4 and sixes..other than that the pitch is crazy..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
What has it been like? I haven't watched a single ball but surely 146 should be below par on most pitches. How much should England have scored on this pitch?