Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by King Pietersen View Post
    I have to say, I like what I see from Eoin Morgan. Didn't rate him particularly highly before that good knock against the Aussies, but he looks a very good player out there tonight. Scored at a good rate pretty effortlessly, not looked phased against Murali and Mendis and although he's been abit fortunate with a few edges he's looked at ease at the crease. I definitely prefer him batting at 5 as well, any lower than that is a waste; I'd actually like to see him up at 4 in this XI.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    England seems to be in control. There is not much in it for the spinners and Murali has looked lack-lustre in both his games in this tournament. At his age it's probably getting more and more difficult to come back from injuries.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    So you think they will make the 85 runs in 10-15 overs? They have to last 20 overs to win this one and with the bowling of Sri Lanka and the batting of England, it is not difficult to imagine that England can fail. I think you are over rating England a lot when you say that they are massive favorites.
    I think you're massively under-rating England if you don't think they can chase 77 from 19 overs with 7 wickets in hand.

Plenty of turn and bounce for the spinners. They've just not bowled especially well and been a little unlucky. Only God and Kumar Sangakkara know why he took the slip out for Morgan's edged four, and it's looking like a crucial moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    So you think they will make the 85 runs in 10-15 overs? They have to last 20 overs to win this one and with the bowling of Sri Lanka and the batting of England, it is not difficult to imagine that England can fail. I think you are over rating England a lot when you say that they are massive favorites.
    They'll get home easily. They've batted 32 overs pretty comfortably, they can bat another 15.

Classic England- get criticised when they're ****e, then when they turn in a genuinely good performance they get criticised even more.

SL looks like they are about 20-30 runs short. At first i was happy with a 200 score, but England (Collingwood) batted really well.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

I think you're massively under-rating England if you don't think they can chase 77 from 19 overs with 7 wickets in hand.
    77 from 19 on this pitch with overs from Malinga, Murali and Mendis remaining is dicey.

You're watching a game on paper. I could score those runs off Murali the way he's bowling today.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    He's had some luck, but I think you need that on this track. Bar the edges over Sangakkara and through slip he's looked very composed and played the spinners around nicely. I think he's played well personally.

Strauss, take the PP please.

He's had some luck, but I think you need that on this track. Bar the edges over Sangakkara and through slip he's looked very composed and played the spinners around nicely. I think he's played well personally.
    Those edges and Malinga's misfield account for about half of the runs he's scored tbh.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    That is smart batting and running. Lovely little player, this Morgan. England closing in now.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

RRR under 4 an over fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Those edges and Malinga's misfield account for about half of the runs he's scored tbh.
    They count for 3, maybe 4 boundaries, so 16 runs out of 36 in the innings. Think you're being a little harsh on him tbh.

Strauss, take the PP please.
    Yes. They wouldn't have to go beserk - just be at liberty to cash in when the chance comes.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    If England does not win from this point onwards...........the game was fixed!

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information