• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori can only have been thinking of the Elliott run-out in England last year - must have been thrilled to get to take the moral high ground now :dry:

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm not sure it was. Judging by how the umpires seemed to give Vettori the choice, followed by the handshake between batsman and captain.

Was the right decision to not give the batsman out though, all sarcasm aside.

99*

International Debutant
Morgan looking not so good atm (except for that four), was struggling against Bond badly.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And it's 33/3 after 13.3. Thought Franklin might relieve the pressure and that's one four already. Hope he can tighten up his line and length.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not sure it was. Judging by how the umpires seemed to give Vettori the choice, followed by the handshake between batsman and captain.

Was the right decision to not give the batsman out though, all sarcasm aside.
cricinfo said that replays showed over had been called, I'm not watching though

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
cricinfo said that replays showed over had been called, I'm not watching though
The replay showed him walking towards the stumps and the sound of the stumps, but no audible words.

Pollock has said since, that Harper didn't know at what stage he called over.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Called over after it left McCullums and before it hit the stumps is my guess.
I'd probably agree. I also think Collingwood had left his crease before over was called, he was out fairly quickly and Rauf was happy to call for the third umpire.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And for pretty much all the seamers playing. Unless England get cleaned up for 150 I think this game is going to be very difficult to say how good a position a particular team is in.
From what I've seen of this wicket so far, 150-170 might well be enough for England's bowlers to defend