• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Lostman

State Captain
my god its like SA is trying to chase 330+, how many short wide balls can they send down in a single 50 over innings.

AaronK

State Regular
I feel like kicking my own ass... in my fantasy team i picked Smith over Dilshan and Umar Akmal over Jayawardene... lol

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I wasn't pointing towards you Faisal.

Any ways, don't think Sri Lanka will get 330. South African death bowling is good. Still a good total though.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Parnell and Styen bowled very well, but only time will tell if it was a little too late........

SL has the bowling to contain SA.....i think it all depends on how the SA get going in the chase...the first 10-15 overs will decide the game....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hasn't been at his best for quite a few years now. Really Langeveldt should be in the team but didn't he have some kind of trouble with the quota policy or something?
Was a Kolpak last year at Derby, but not this, so assume he's available now.

As a "Cape Coloured" I'd have thought he'd be more likely to benefit from quotas than anything else tho.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was a Kolpak last year at Derby, but not this, so assume he's available now.

As a "Cape Coloured" I'd have thought he'd be more likely to benefit from quotas than anything else tho.
Did he not retire from international cricket after some sort of quota controversy when the squad to tour Bangladesh was announced?

Faisal1985

I don't get the reasoning behind giving Malinga 1 over???

But anyways, SA on their way to another choking loss.

Why did Smith chose to field anyways???? It looks like a good batting track..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its not a choking loss really. They just played **** and SL well.

Not every ODI or T20 loss in a world tournament is a choke.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just switched on - Smith and Kallis look up for giving this a go. Will be good to see how the Saffas manage the spin. :)

Faisal1985

Just switched on - Smith and Kallis look up for giving this a go. Will be good to see how the Saffas manage the spin. :)
I should take my words back on giving the Proteas the choking tag too early........

Lets see if they prove me wrong.

SL played good indeed....now they need to bowl well......

Dissector

International Debutant
If you are chasing against Sri Lanka and the game is even when the spinners come on you generally back the Lankans to pull it off. That's what it looks like right now. Smith definitely brought SA back into the game with some great shots through the off side but that was a piece of magic by Mendis.