• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
A couple of wickets for South Africa, i said earlier that it's going to be AN EASY WIN FOR SOUTH AFRICA, but i take my words back cuz this pitch isn't bouncy at all

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Into the phase where Sri Lanka often struggle, converting their platforms into big scores.
Personally i think Anglo should be batting a bit up the order....he is a quick batsman and keeps the scoreboard ticking......Hopefully these 2 will keep things rolling as well....

if all goes well SL is looking at something around 325-340 ....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Polly & Knight vastly overstating the amount of weight Kallis has lost. Don't think Bob Geldof will be arranging any concerts for him just yet.

Briony

International Debutant
Think Polly & Knight vastly overstating the amount of weight Kallis has lost. Don't think Bob Geldof will be arranging any concerts for him just yet.
They also said at the toss that Smith has shed a bit but he always looks fat regardless.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They also said at the toss that Smith has shed a bit but he always looks fat regardless.
TBF to Fat Gray it does look as if he genuinely has shifted a little bit; Jacques, not so much. If they hadn't mentioned it it wouldn't have occurred to me.

SL drifting a bit here, shows the value of wickets.

Athlai

Not Terrible
TBF to Fat Gray it does look as if he genuinely has shifted a little bit; Jacques, not so much. If they hadn't mentioned it it wouldn't have occurred to me.

SL drifting a bit here, shows the value of wickets.
Last 5 overs
30/0 :ph34r:

Athlai

Not Terrible
South Africa's big weakness being exposed here. The lack of a world class attack.
Steyn is great, Parnell has potential (and one or two tricks to go with it) but Botha, van Der Merwe, modern day Kallis and the Morkels are merely good ODI bowlers rather than great. Would say that their attack is no better than the other top six and may even be quite low in that list.

Faisal1985

South Africa's big weakness being exposed here. The lack of a world class attack.
Steyn is great, Parnell has potential (and one or two tricks to go with it) but Botha, van Der Merwe, modern day Kallis and the Morkels are merely good ODI bowlers rather than great. Would say that their attack is no better than the other top six and may even be quite low in that list.
May be its time for a Ntini comeback?

Faisal1985

Hasn't been at his best for quite a few years now. Really Langeveldt should be in the team but didn't he have some kind of trouble with the quota policy or something?

No clue about that........but at least Ntini has good experience.....

Athlai

Not Terrible
No clue about that........but at least Ntini has good experience.....
Yeah I suppose that the bowling could use a little experience, would be a great attack if Pollock was still around. Just a shame that players like Kallis and Ntini have lost their edge when you have a fire cracker like Steyn leading the attack.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Samaraaweera or Jayawardene for that matter have really not been tested in this partnership. Jayawardene has batted well though.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

I think both played a bit slower then i thought...they should have played a but more aggressively...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I keep commentary on mute while watching international games. I concetrate far better watching games like this.

Faisal1985

^ Don't know if that's pointing towards the posts......

Anyhow, I like commentary, it keeps reminding me that after all its a sport......