Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

I reckon SA or Sri Lanka have the most chance of winning the tournament.
    New Zealand could be the surprise as they have beaten Sri Lanka in their last 2 T20 games ( altho they lost the other games).

England, not really in any shape. Important injuries.
    Amobokobokoboko envolved in the noble game of cricket

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26925250@N06/3350344319/

Albie you ****!

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Seems weird watching competent use of a powerplay after our recent efforts.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

South Africa bowling poorly here.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

SL have an awesome team. So much to offer in terms of batting and bowling. They could well win this competition.

Has SA one of the weaker attacks or SL is just a powerful batting unit?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Don't wanna open up old wounds, but Jeez Botha's action's horrible, isn't it? These are supposedly his orthodox offies too now.

& a no-ball. Shocker for a spinner.

Always thought it interesting how much Dilshan has transformed in recent times, T20 seemed to be a big part of it.

I mean he used to be merely a reasonable quality middle order player.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    You cant take WI out of the equation as well...Do you know that WI are the only team to go to the Finals of Mini World Cup thrice..... Surprises are common in a short format games
    This is not that team which went to those finals. Last time they one they had their 1st choice team. There current team can get a beating from even an ICL team.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Windies have no hope, there are only effectively three teams in Group A. Group B could be interesting with SL arguably the strongest on paper and the other three fighting it out. NZ could be the dark horses to join them. SA would have to improve its bowling to be a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    yeah completely agree with you....

But, If you have a strong talented unit with a strong will to perform and excel, they can be really dangerous...
    Yeah, but they don't.

It's not second string; it's about fifth string in some areas. It's not like they have great depth or are even really that good at full strength; they really have no hope at all.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Windies have no hope, there are only effectively three teams in Group A. Group B could be interesting with SL arguably the strongest on paper and the other three fighting it out. NZ could be the dark horses to join them. SA would have to improve its bowling to be a chance.
    Meh.

Dark horses usually have some quality, an x factor such as a genius player. In this case England and New Zealand are simply rubbish. It'll be a surprise if South Africa and Sri Lanka don't walk this group, although of course it still only takes one unlikely game.

Sri Lanka have been kinda elevated from dark horses because international teams generally are in such a weak phase.

I personally find Group A a bit more interesting because of the X factor that Pakistan presents rather then WI. I would have liked to see Bangladesh rather then WI in the CT. India and Australia are hot fav. for Group A, but if Pak's batting does click then it will be a very close contest.

However, at the moment Dilshan is taking apart the so called "A team with hardly any weakness" ....Just great to see a desi team doing so well in foreign conditions....GO LANKANS!

I wonder if simple Simon Steyn is rethinking his arrogant words. Good to see the FIGJAM team of world cricket having a bit of a reality check here. Their weakness would appear to at least be with their seamers. Their batsmen will have to pull their collective fingers out tonight to chase what looks like a mountain of runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    I wonder if simple Simon Steyn is rethinking his arrogant words. Good to see the FIGJAM team of world cricket having a bit of a reality check here. Their weakness would appear to at least be with their seamers. Their batsmen will have to pull their collective fingers out tonight to chase what looks like a mountain of runs.

With the 3 M's, and #1 ranked seamer in their side i smell danger for SA......

2 very important wickets gone.....both rather soft dismissals... Dilshan and Sanga has put SL in a very good position....now Mahela has to play a very important role and play till the end......
    Last edited by Faisal1985; 22-09-2009 at 08:31 AM.

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information