• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Flem274*

123/5
If we're going to wantto be 170/2 after 35 overs, then I think we should can the opening partnership. Seriously, just let them play naturally and see what happens. Guptill and Taylor will benefit from being told to calm down occassionally but McCullum and Ryder are opening for a reason. You want slower scoring, chuck in Watling and How.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
My Predictions, Srilanka allout under 150
dilshan wont make twenty, jayasuria will have some edgy boundries
sangakara will edge one of Onions

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England actually have a decent record against SL head to head, really hoping they cause an upset today.

Ahh & they win the toss

stumpski

International Captain
Hadn't realised there was no radio commentary on this match - very poor. I have Sky as it happens, but many don't and in any case I wanted to listen to the match while having the county game on.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Did she just get God Save the Queen wrong? I'm pretty sure she did, we had to sing it in school last week, and I'm sure the first verse doesn't go like that. I'm presuming she's getting the words to the Sri Lankan one right, but you never know.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
England actually have a decent record against SL head to head, really hoping they cause an upset today.

Ahh & they win the toss
if england win today, it will not be an upset, actually they should be able to go pass Srilanka in these conditions

inbox24

International Debutant
Hopefully the Jayas, Dilshan and Mathews can tear England up, and the M&Ms can finish them off.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Hadn't realised there was no radio commentary on this match - very poor. I have Sky as it happens, but many don't and in any case I wanted to listen to the match while having the county game on.
Probably more to do with the ICC wanting too much $$$ for the radio rights than then BBC not wanting to cover it.

Strike one from Dilshan there, this could be interesting.

EDIT: Also why is Dilshan in yellow in the scorecard? Is he some sort of dangerman?

EDIT encore: I like how Sky have shipped Willis off to South Africa so that Colville doesn't have to put up with him in the studio for two weeks. Poor Nick Knight though.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if england win today, it will not be an upset, actually they should be able to go pass Srilanka in these conditions
Yeah that's why SL started as favourites at $1.53 vs. England's $3

That said, have a good feeling about England today, impressive start from Anderson, getting some nice shape here

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good to see a pitch favouring bowlers it must be said. Sangakarra complaining a bit about the pitch at the toss was a bit weak IMO.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Haven't seen a pitch this green for donkey's
You should see the one Sky are showing ATM between Derbyshire and Essex. Mind you, no-one seems to have a problem batting there, even if it is difficult to see why the pitch ends and the rest of the square begins.

Jayasuriya gone early, far too tentative.