• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Athlai

Not Terrible
Come oooon collapse. Collapse Collapse Collapse

(Though reasonably sure we should beat England and Sri Lanka)

Athlai

Not Terrible
England maybe, but Sri Lanka? They're my pick to win this thing.
Na, get Dilshan out and they won't score many and their seamers haven't been too great. As long as conditions aren't spinning and surely they won't continue to be then we should be able to beat them in SA.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did New Zealand manage to have a lower order collapse and no 5th bowler?

I mean seriously how was this team supposed to compete? Were they hoping for the top order to score 350? For Bond to take a 7-fer?

New Zealand and England have such shockingly badly selected sides.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly has a point, tbh. 10 overs from Ryder/Elliott/Guptill looks 10 too many, tbh. Situation crying out for Styris, IMHO.

What happened to that other yarp who was looking to qualify for NZ? Myburgh? He still doing his residence?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Styris can barely bowl these days, Elliott would be a better option. Can't believe we didn't bring a real back up batsman for the tour.

SeamUp

International Coach
If SA had played SRL at the Wanderers I am confident we would have won the game and SRL probably wouldn't have got 180.

The only batsman who could deal with it is probably Sangakkara.

That is why you cannot write-off NZL against SRL, especially at Wanderers. If the game was at Centurion I would say NZL had no chance. Bond and Mills will be a handful at the Wanderers if it continues to jag around. But even if the movement ends, which it will when the wicket gets used more, the bounce will be too much for the Sri Lankans.

Good game from the boys today. We are slowly but surely getting there to our peak performance. Also Gibbs will give some good attacking flair on Sunday no matter how much I love watching Amla bat. That back foot punch of his is sensational.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
SA and SL will advance.....all the talks of NZ and England are only temporary...SL's confidence is high...SA is high quality....both will be through.....

trapol

U19 12th Man
Dont worry people ive got the answers..........and the questions

Trivia time people. Who is the only cricketer in NZ to never be on a losing ODI (mens) in 2009??

Clue: He is the saviour of NZC and should be batting number 4 in this BC team right now?

My top team all thing being equal

Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Elliott
Broom
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey
Bond

Thank you all and good night

PS as for last nights game. I dont blame them for playing Hopkins. You simply cant play only 5 batsman. He had to play and its not his fault there were no other batting options in the squad. Thats a selectorial **** up.

You also cant simply say Hopkins is rubbish because of his limited and sporadic chances record. If Broom gets that luxury then check out Hopkins first class and ODD record over the last couple of seasons.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dont worry people ive got the answers..........and the questions

Trivia time people. Who is the only cricketer in NZ to never be on a losing ODI (mens) in 2009??

Clue: He is the saviour of NZC and should be batting number 4 in this BC team right now?

You must mean Diamanti :laugh:

I also supported the decision to play Hopkins and it showed with the way that our top 6 played that we certainly needed a contributor at 7. Except he clearly wasn't equipped to play well. We should have taken a batting back up player like Styris in the squad.