• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Nice one NZ - give a guy who has bowled pies 5 easy wickets. Nice way to give the guy the mental edge over the kiwi's for years to come.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Why is Hopkins playing? I know pretty much nothing about him other than he played a Test against us when McCullum was injured last summer, but he can't be that much of a better keeper than McCullum (who hasn't got the captaincy excuse for not keeping) and is just taking up a slot in the batting order without really adding to it. Seems suicidal. May as well just have played Patel.

Athlai

Not Terrible
why is hopkins playing? I know pretty much nothing about him other than he played a test against us when mccullum was injured last summer, but he can't be that much of a better keeper than mccullum (who hasn't got the captaincy excuse for not keeping) and is just taking up a slot in the batting order without really adding to it. Seems suicidal. May as well just have played patel.
oram is injured.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there anyone on the planet who really thinks Broom is better than Styris?
Was thinking the same thing, Broom really needs to step things up if he wants to stay in the team.

I was thinking as well, do we really play enough ODI cricket? The Black Caps haven't played much cricket at all since the end of the NZ summer so like SA, we're still finding our way really aren't we.

Shocking pitch for one-day cricket this is mind and hardly helps to keeps the people at bay who want to destory this format of the game.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was thinking the same thing, Broom really needs to step things up if he wants to stay in the team.

I was thinking as well, do we really play enough ODI cricket? The Black Caps haven't played much cricket at all since the end of the NZ summer so like SA, we're still finding our way really aren't we.

Shocking pitch for one-day cricket this is mind and hardly helps to keeps the people at bay who want to destory this format of the game.
Enjoyed the pitch personally regret not seeing how South Africa will bat on it.

Really should have Styris in the team instead of Hopkins.

GGG

State Captain
Why is Hopkins playing? I know pretty much nothing about him other than he played a Test against us when McCullum was injured last summer, but he can't be that much of a better keeper than McCullum (who hasn't got the captaincy excuse for not keeping) and is just taking up a slot in the batting order without really adding to it. Seems suicidal. May as well just have played Patel.
Apparently Oram is injured? Not sure why bringing in Hopkins helps the cause though, he has a ODI average of about 8.